My new Pointer pup

Discussion in 'Hunting Dogs Talk' started by brad kilpatrick, Nov 12, 2006.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    brought this handsome little guy home tonight. Nitro's Elhew Gunner. can't wait for Him to get used to His new home so We can start training.

Attached Files:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Gotta love a new pup congrats

3. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good looking pup, Brad. I hope you get alot yrs of memories with him...............and a ton of birds:lol: !

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Only two more weeks, and we'll get the little bugger on some live birds!

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Great looking pup! Mind loaning him to me to take to Paraguay hunting next May? :roll_eyes:

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Cute pup! looks like he's ready to go fishing! lol

7. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Good looking pup. I love training new dogs it is very exciting!

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I just love Dogs! Have wonderful times with him cause he sure is cute!:big_smile:

9. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    I'm jelous, I've had my fair share of pointers when we had birds to hunt around here. They are by far the most exciting dog to have around whether you are hunting or just playing around, they just never say "NO". You've got a good looking one there, I hope he hunts as good as he looks.:cool2:

10. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    very good looking dog, ive got a black lab, and she can get a beer out of the fridge:wink: . im being completely honest lol

11. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    This is My second Elhew Pointer, A bird hunter just hasn't lived untill He has hunted behind a good Elhew dog! If He's anything like My lil female He will be a Bad A$$ bird finding machine Here is a pic of Shelby

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9897

12. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Great lookin dog, Brad. I love the second pic of him pointing.

13. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Well I finally got the lil guy out in the field. He's still got a lot of puppy left in Him. He would follow Shelby (My older Pointer) for while, then wander off on his own, bust up some meadowlarks and then chase them. Next thing Ya know He's 30 yards behind You. I've got some work to do! LOL All just part of training a bird dog. I see a lot of cussin and chasing in My future!!!!

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    But when you get them trained you have something to be proud off thats a fine pair of dogs:big_smile:

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

So Brad, what do you call him? Gunner? He is definitely a nice looking specimen. Thank you for sharing the pictures and good luck with the training! I've never trained any of my Goldens for birds, they're just pets, but I'm sure there's a lot involved even WITH their innate abilities.

16. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Thanks Ya'all Yes I call Him Gunner. That was His name when I picked Him up and it sounded like a good name for a bird dog, so I kept it. He IS a handsome boy for sure. We havn't gotten a lot of training done with Him Yet, He needed time to socialize and fall into the pecking order with Our other two dogs, We also have a BIG lab (120lbs) Right now I'm just working on basic obediance with him, No formal Bird dog training Yet. He will Be going hunting with Me for the rest of the season, and i'm sure He will figure a lot of the game out By learning from Shelby. Having Him in the field for the first time He acted just like I knew He would, He's not sure exactly what We're doing yet, I'm sure He'll show Me something By the end of the season, Jan 31st.

17. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Good looking Pointer Brad. Congrats. J.D.

18. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    That is one handsome dog, i'm sure he'll be good for you.

19. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I wish you the best of luck with your new canine companion, Gunner. Although I've never trained any bird dogs, I have always admired the talent it takes to do so, not to mention the finished product.

I can train one for crimminal apprehension, bomb detection, handler protection, arson, drug detection etc., but when it comes to the birds, WELL..........I got to take the back seat:eek:oooh: :lol:

20. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Adorable! I love dogs and to have one to be your little side kick in the woods is even more special. Thanks for posting pix.