my new pet

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Feb 20, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    peruvian shovelnose catfish. this aint mine but looks exactly like him. hes about 8" long. seen him last week and got my tank all cleaned set up and picked him up tonight after an 8 hour shift with the flu.

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    That's a neat lookin cat, don't eat him when he gets bigger....lol
    I used to have a fish tank and had some pretty cool fish but never had one of those.

Thanks for sharing the pics. :big_smile::cool2:

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Prety cool critter you have there!

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    When you get him home lets see a pic of his new home.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    aint never seen one ,or caught one LOL :eek:oooh:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Come on Jeremy, you can really catch a catfish, a real catfish. Come on, keep trying. LOL

Nice fish, I loved when I used to have an aquarium.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats a cool looking cat ya got there. I have an albino cat in mine. Not sure what kind he is but he's stayed small forever.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    no i wont eat him, unless he gets to a whopping 10lbs. ill get pics of (him) around 6pm. and i do have a real catfish in there too but my uncle caught it. a big bullhead whom bullied this fella. looks like a new tank or fish fry for the bullhead,lol.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well not unless you frequent southamerica,lol. and the pet shop said he eats anything that moves. hes a predator like a flathead, cool.:cool2:

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    nice! invite me over, Jeremy, and let's see if he'll hit a dough bait:smile2:

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice addition to your tank! Let us know how things work out with him and the bullhead.

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Give that shovelnose a few months on a steady diet and that bullhead might wind up being his dinner, LOL!!! I had a "Tiger Shovelnose" in a285gallon aquarium back in 1990 and man, that fish could eat. I got him when he was small (about 6") I had him till he was 28" long and he ate 50 goldfish a day!!! He finally died after he got stuck between the heater and one of the filtration tubes, I was heart broken to say the least!

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_sIhmB7Rqs

like this?? they had one of them but $79 was out of my range on a whim. wasnt looking for a fish at all but seen them and got the cheaper of the two.

that video is cool.

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yep, that was a cool video! That guy had way to many big fish in that tank, LOL!!!
    I only had 7 fish in the big tank I had. I had a 28"Tiger Shovelnose, a 15"Blue Arawana, a 2lb Talapia, a 12" Pike Cichlid, 2-12" Pacus and, A 10"Tiger Oscar. Most aquariums will sooth your nerves when you watch them, this one would pi$$ you off in a hurry, LOL!!!
    I would feed anywhere from 500 to 1000 goldfish a week. It got expensive but it was worth it!!! I would spend about 25 to 40 dollars a week on food for these monsters!!!

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this is mine. you can see where the old bully got him. he seems ok but im worried about infection.

16. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    thats a cool pet.. but with them getting as big as they do im not so sure in the next few years with proper feeding you wont need less then a horse tank to keep him?

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You need to go to the pet store and buy some medication for it. It is not real expensive but, it will save an expensive fish!

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    normally if kept in a small environment they will stay rather small. the bullhead grew 2-3" and then seemed to stop. probably have to get a larger tank though for long.:confused2:

i am heading to town now to get some supplies before the smow gets to deep and am gonna check wal-mart to see what they got. i figured that would be a wise idea.

19. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thats a cool looking cat I've never seen one before thanks for sharing.:big_smile:

20. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am not sure but I believe it is suphur based.