My new PB and met my goal for the year ; )

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by puddle jumper, Apr 17, 2009.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Well today it was written in the sky that it was going to be my day,"See Pic"..,, but that jumping ahead of myself,,:roll_eyes:

Me and Alan, decided to head up to the Chick, for some late morning till dark fishing to see if we could get in some of these big fish that have been showing up,, and man did we,, Cathooker started us off with the first few while watched him catch fish "which is cool with me as long as some ones catching fish", I will let Alan tell you the whole totals everything is a little foggy for me. we did get a final count of about 15 fish... After a while I finally got a bite on what is turning out to be a awesome cat rod the I built a couple weeks ago,, A nice 33lb fish which just missed my PB by two pounds,, but the new rod handled it great "soft tip plenty of backbone" I was pleased for the first fish of the day,,,shortly after that Alan got a nice 23lber,,, We pretty much caught fish spread out through the whole day not fast but consistently,,

Somewhere around 6 pm I decided to see if I could get a small cat 10-15 on a striper/jigging rod that built a few months ago,, Figure it would be fun on the light rod,, Small Carolina rig with a silver dollar size piece of cut skippy on it,,It had not been on the bottom 5 min. When it rod slowly loaded up,, OK,, show was on.. if figured I got my small cat right ... wrong... the fish just swam off probably not even knowing I was there, which worried me.. this was no small fish,, Here I was hooked to a fish with a Mag Bass rod on 15lb test line...boy was I in for a ride... It pulled untill I had worked my way up to the front of the boat, and I just kept pressure on it best I could untill it looked like I was going to get spooled so Alan being the great host he was pulled in the rods and pulled the anchor and we went to chasing,, Alan on the trolling motor and me just standing there trying to keep pressure on this monster with out breaking him off... :eek:oooh:

After a full HR of fighting the fish it finally came up and it was a 50LB monster,,, total fight time was 1 hr 5 min. After getting it ont the boat and hi fives,,, We snapped a bunch of pics drove it around and showed it to all the boats that were up there,, she swim off free...and I am proud... All in all today was the best trip on the water I have had to date, my PB and all fish where bigger than most of the trips I have been taking lately..
    Puddle,,

Oh and I forgot to mention that my goal for the year was 50LB or better ,,,DONE ,:wink:,the hard way but done,, pressure's off for that one now...

Attached Files:

2. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
    The rest of the pics.:wink:.

Attached Files:

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    John, I am so happy you got your 50-lber! I remember you setting that goal. That's a classic story too... an epic battle! Congratulations to you and Alan on an exceptional day of catfishing! The new avatar is great.

Between you and Bumper's light-tackle monster catfish, I'm considering a switch to 10 pound test :smile2:

4. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Congrats on your new PB and Reaching your goal for the year. Way to go. :cool2::smile2::smile2: Awesome fish. Good luck on your future fishing trips.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats on the PB. A good fish in anybodys book.

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats on your PB john, Great looking fish!

7. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Congrats on the new PB. Sounds like a blast on the light line.

8. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Congratulations.. what river were you in ... tenn river ???

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats on your new PB. :cool2:

10. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    John, Congrats on your new PB Blue:smile2::wink: Very nice fish thanks for sharing the pics and the story.

11. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia

Up on the Chick, on the TN river,,,
    Thanks Guys its a day I will remember for a long time...:roll_eyes:
    Puddle

12. Jasongonefishing

Jasongonefishing New Member

State:
    McDonough,
    Nice fish there bud...Congrats on the PB and you need to go for 51 know:smile2:

13. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    nice fish john, congrats to you and cathooker on the great day, cant wait to hear what you catch your next pb on, maybe ultralight?

14. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Sounds like a great day of fishing John congrats on setting your goal and a new pb. Great fish!

15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on your new P.B.......Nice fish and great story.....thanks:cool2:

16. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats on your new PB John. Always good to see a brother get a new PB. Now you have to set a new PB. Mine is 90 this year. Probably wont hit it:smile2:. But fun trying. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures.

Tom

17. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    congrats on pb mine this year is60lb my pb now is 50.7 i'm gonna put in the time to try for my new pb:wink:

18. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Very nice fish John, They ain't easy to come by. I'm glad you caught your first. It's all down hill, from here on out lol. 50's every other trip. Congrats again.

19. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice story and great pictures. Congrats on the PB. 1hr and 5min, I bet those forearms were burning and that back was hurting. I also bet all the pain went away when the biggin surfaced. Great day on the water. I hope you can catch a few more this year, it's still early. Great job on the release.

20. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Congrats on your new PB what a hawg!!