My new little toy

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by daniel-delarosa, Oct 8, 2007.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I found the perfect gun for me to carry around that isn't too bulky. Its a Walther P22, it is light, reliable and practically zero recoil. It has an accessory rail for a flash light/laser too. I had a Taurus 9mm and sold it about two weeks after I bought it. It was way too big and heavy and I figured I didn't need to carry THAT much gun on me. I also needed a gun that my wife could handle if need be.

Attached Files:

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Nice little gun.My cousin had one and it was an accurate little bugger,and fun to shoot to.Not sure i would want to use it for self defense but it sure beats throwing a rock lol.by the way that little pistol fits just like a glove in your hand dosent it?i will say its made well.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that's about the size i was looking for, what did u pay if u dont mind me asking?

4. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    It was $338.00. But I promise, it was worth every penny.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    cool thanks, i'm gonna go look at one!!!

6. SHELLCAT

SHELLCAT New Member

State:
    Georgetown,S.C.
    HEY I HAVE SHOT ONE OF THOSE MYSELF WITH THE LASER SITE.VERY NICE-I THINK I WILL PICK ONE UP IN NOVEMBER-EARLY CHRistmas present.

7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i found one with the stabilizer on it w/the military green on it very cool i'm gonna go get it todat!!!

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ive been thinking about a C.C.W. Permit myself for Nevada. I have a couple of heavier caliber handguns but was thinking about a .22 cal. Nice and easy and I'm a crackshot so I dont need that many rounds.

9. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I took the Conceled Carry Permit course last month. It was pretty fun. Still waiting on my permit, The OSBI is taking forever! They have 90 days from the time they recieve your paperwork to send out your permit. So I figure I'll get mine on the 89th day,lol.
    I'm with ya on the crack shot thing too. Everyone tells me that I need a bigger caliber gun to carry for self defence. But if you know how to use a gun and know where to hit someone, a .22 cal is plenty.

10. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have the 5" P22, I love that little thing it shoots great and is a lot of fun. have fun with it and be safe.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice handgun,Lots has been said about a .22 for self defense . IMO I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of one. I have heard cops say that a .22 will travel till it hits bone ,then bounce around till it looses all velocity,not very comforting if you are hit by one.

12. DryHeat

DryHeat New Member

State:
    arizona
    I picked up a P22 @ cabelas for under $300 about 8 months ago. I had a lot of feeding problems. Generally after the first shot another round would not chamber and I would need to re-rack the slide and continue shooting. It seemed that the P22 was very ammo picky. After trying all types of manufacturers I found Federal's bulk box ($10 walmart) feeds perfectly.....just a heads up for P22 shooters. I'll probably sell mine as its not a good fit for larger hands.....no matter how good it looks

13. chadf

chadf New Member

State:
    Bossier, La
    I purched one last year as well as a ruger mark III hunter. Both are nice little pistols. You can't beat the action on the walther or ease of reloading. the rugger seems to be a little more accurate. I purchased both of them from gunbroker.com

14. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    22s are great self defense weapons. As long as they have the heft of pistol whipping the attacker. Otherwise, you're in trouble.

Have to remember that with the use of deadly force, you want to stop the attacker within seconds, instead of minutes, hours or days. In a shoot or be shot scenario, I doubt that very many people would be calm enough to pick and choose their targets on a onrushing attacker. Plus, just think if the attacker is on drugs, you better have at least 10 loaded magazines with you. Get enough lead into him and get him too heavy to move.

Had a friend that was shot(calf) with a 22, he didn't know it until later that night when he took a shower. Guy broke into his house, real short gunfight ensued.
    My cousin was working in a St. Louis hospital years ago, one night an attempted suicide came in, 16 rounds to the head, was able to go to the pysch ward after the bullets was removed from under the skin.
    I've shot a coyote at 10yds with a 5 rounds from a 10/22, all hits were in the heart and lungs, it ran 100yds before dying.

I'm sorry but from what I've seen, heard and read, the 22 is the worse possible caliber possible for self defense.
    I'd go up to a minimum of a 380 auto with hollowpoints. Still lightweight and low recoil but has a lot more oomph behind it than a 22.

Will :004:

15. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Like a friend of mine says " a hit with a 22 is better than a miss with a 44".
    I carry a Bersa 22 firestorm with me most times. I like the accesary rail the walther has though.

16. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    MOD 22 GLOCK
    .40 S&W
    VEL OF A 9MM KNOCK DOWN OF A .45

17. sarg

sarg New Member

State:
    Texas
    My wife carries a P22 also, but being retires law enforcement officers I still carry my Clock 9 / Mag clips. Make sure you get your CCW. Had to go to a high rise holster for better concealment. I carry a 20 gauge in my boat for snake and cut to legal length w/pisto grip

18. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    That's a nice looking pistol! Thanks for sharing.

19. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I'd go up to a minimum of a 380 auto with hollowpoints. Still lightweight and low recoil but has a lot more oomph behind it than a 22.

Will :004:[/QUOTE]
    I have to agree with you on this Will, I carry a 380 and wouldn't carry anything less. I carry a 9mm in the truck and a 357 mag also but while I'm out and about, it's the 380 for me.

20. smokeeater3302

smokeeater3302 New Member

State:
    il
    I know what every one is talking about that you need to have something bigger for self defense, but i think that getting shot , no matter what it is wouldl ruin my Day!!!!!!!!!!!!. I would hate to be that guy who gets coloring book for christmas , because some one shot me in the head with a .22 and it didnt kill me. My Dad was shot at point blank range in the hand with a .22. When you ask him what he did , he said ( I let GO )