My new fishing kayak

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by splitshot, Aug 10, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Here are some pics of my new fishing kayak. It is a Heritage angler, 9.5 ft. 37lbs. It has two stationary rod holders and one adjustable rod holder, adjustable seat and foot rest. It also has a pulley anchor system. I got to try one out on the river before i purchased mine. It is extremely stable and tracks very well for a short yak. I wont get to take it fishing for kittys till next week, ill let you know how i do. Ive got to figure out a way to mount my camera tripod, if any one has any ideas let me know, thanks!!

000_0168.jpg

000_0169.jpg

View attachment 28678

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I can see it now splitshot. You are gonna get out there, get a rod in each of the rear facing holders, and then get a bite from a monster on BOTH of them at the same time. Then on up the river you will go. LMAO:smile2:

Great lookin yak there!

3. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Congratulations! That looks like fun.

4. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I always wanted to try fishing from a kayak like that. That sure looks like a sweet setup. I bet it's a whole different kind of experience fighting a fish at that level!

Will that thing stay put in a current, or do you need to anchor it somehow.

Looks like fun. Can't wait to see some pictures of you landing some nice cats.

Tony
    _

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I will send you pics of him as he passes by here on his way to the missisippi river as he fights that big'n he is after, LOL!!!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Congrats Steve! Thats a nice looking ride ya got!

JW,
    I'll call and update you and send you pics as he'll pass by here first. :smile2:

7. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
  8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Nice looking rig you got there.

9. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    I have the 12' heritage. Ireally love it in the creeks around here. what i really like is drop out 4 or 5 jugs then head to the shade, in this hot weather.
    then if ireally get hot just take a dip in creek. The bad part is on a good day there is no time to sit in shade.
    boliver

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I have considered that possibility. LOL:0a5:

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Tony it has a pulley anchor system, which i tried out in the river before i bought it. it works better than i expected!!

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    If ya dont mind could ya throw me a cold beer and a samich, as i cruise by Henderson. I may have my hands full if its anything over 15 lbs. LOL!!!!

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sure will buddy, anything for a friend, LOL!!! Would you like tomato and lettuce on it or just plain with meat and cheese, LOL!!!

14. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    I GESS THATELL BE TWO CAT POWER HAHAAH:big_smile::tounge_out::smile2:

15. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Tomato and oinon, extra cheese, hold the lettuce. Maybe a side of tater salad and a pickle---ohh could you possibly throw in a slice of apple pie. Better make it ta go----:go: ughhh, perhaps a pair of size 32 skivies------just in case, i prefer boxer shorts, Wal-Mart has some really nice-----oh never mind!!! Maybe a box of depends would be more practical--could be a long ride. Just dont tell anyone okay Buddy? :0a13:

16. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I have been thinking about getting a 12 foot heritage fishing kayak. I am 6' 2" and weigh about 250 so need a little bigger boat. Anybody out there with an opinion on the heritage fishing series ??

17. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I would suggest that you look at the 12 ft. Heritage redfish, the 9.5 footer would definately be too small!! They all come with adjustable foot rests and seats. If you go back in this thread Jeremiad owns one and could give you all the info you need.

18. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Congrats on a nice looking rig. Fished out of tube floats before but never something this nice.
    Bill

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice lookin rig,Steve I never thought of using a kyak for fishing ,allways pictured them shooting rapids. learn something new every day. Good luck in it.

20. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    awesome lookin kayack!!!! i have that same fish finder, how ya like it?