My new fathers day Toy.

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by catfish slick, Jul 3, 2008.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Well Guy's,
    I finally Got My scope mounted and Took it out to day. I mounted it with a Bushnell 3200 elite 3-9X40. I stapled two 100 yard small rifle targets to a board then I measured out a hundred yards and fifty yards. I started at Fifty Yards. all I had done at this point was pull the Bolt out and bore sited it at a target at around a hundred yards. I looked through the barrel at a target then brought the cross hairs on the scope in line with the target I was looking at through the barrel. Then I set up at fifty yards, My first three shots hit paper but was high and to the left, the next two shots were in the eight ring one inch high and to the lift, the next three were in the nine ring just above the bulls eye, the next shot was right in the top of the bulls eye. then I went back to the one hundred yard mark. the next two shots were just high but in the ten ring, then my last two shots were right in the bulls eye. I am so happy with my Fathers day gift, I have wanted one of these for a long time, But just hated to turn loose of the bucks for it at my age and the shape I am in. I was kidding with my son, I told him hear I am with one foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peeling and you go and buy me a gun that I have to put an expencive scope on. He knows he will get my guns when I am gone. he knows I was just kid-den. I have a wonderful Christian son, and I am so proud of him.

2. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    Congrats Slick, it's a good feeling when you get that new high performance scope dialed in just right, isn't it?

3. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Yes it is, Man when you can put them in a quarter at a hundred yards that's a good feeling. My 10-22 will not do that.

4. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    What kind of rifle is it, Slick?

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like you are ready for some good hunting

6. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Erik, It's am Marlin 17 HMR with the bull Barrel. Man what a tack driver. but what a time to get it, just as they ban led from our shells, Just my luck.

7. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Shane
    Yes, I am ready to do some hunting. It's going to be hard for me not to shoot these Led shells, Until they come out with something to replace them. Man what a bummer.