My New Catfishin' Rig!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by FATFLATTIE, Aug 8, 2007.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Just bought a new boat today! It was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. I love my 14ft double wide, but I just needed more room for when I want to take others out and also a slightly larger boat for the river b/c it can get rough at times. I'm still keeping my jon boat b/c I like it to bass fish and catfish smaller bodies of water but I think I'm really gonna like this boat. Now all I need is a bunch more rod holders and some bluegill blood and catfish butter in the carpet and I'll be set.

Attached Files:

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Here's another from the front.

Attached Files:

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Hey thats a good looking boat man

4. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey Nice Boat you have there.
    Enjoy and be safe.
    Walter

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Nice boat, hope you have good luck.:cool2:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Nice upgrade. Keep the pics coming with progress.

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Nothing wrong with that! The walk through console is about the only way to go- IMO!

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I agree, mine has the single console windsheild, which is ok, But i like the walk through also, what type of boat is that.

9. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well, I've never felt like a bigger moron in my entire life. The motor has a broken seal in the top end of it. Only thing I forgot to look at was to take the cover off after we took it out for a ride. Noticed it when I was flushing it out at the house. Man I've probably never been more upset with myself. Well, I knew it was too good to be true. Guess it's right to the shop to see what's it's gonna cost to fix it. Dang it......

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well, went to the shop today and it's only a seal that's gonna cost about $150 to fix. It's not that bad so I still think that I got an absolute steal on the thing. And to answer your question RiverKing it's a 1988 Sylvan SS with a 88hp Evinrude. The thing will fly. It's in pretty dang good shape and I believe that the seal just broke from being old. The mechanic today said the motor looked like it had hardly been used. Everything electrical works from the lights to the livewell. I think I'm really going to like it. At least I still have the good old flat bottom to fish out of until it's ready to hit the water.

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats, nice boat! If you got it for a steal...putting a little $ into it to make it right is no big deal... Hope you have lots of luck with it!!

Good Fishin
    mike

12. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Good looking boat Wes, I'am sure it will serve you're purpose. Sorry to hear about the seal, but if you bought it right, it's just a minor set back. Good Luck.

13. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Still a good deal. I like the looks of it and it will serve you well.
    Bill

14. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Thanks guys. I'm sure it'll serve it's purpose well once I get it fixed. The guy took 200 off the price when I bought it and I thought it was a steal at the original asking price so I'll still have less than that in it. I'm happy so long as it's just the seal. I'm just itchin' to get my first cat in it though:wink:

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wes thanks for sharing the pics of your boat. That is a nice looking rig. You will love that walk through the first time your in apounding rain. :big_smile:

16. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that is a nice boat man. Wish I could find a steal like that. Good luck