My new boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by SGTREDNECK, May 30, 2009.

1. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My lifelong best friend and by buddies wife just drove 6 hours from Tennessee to Georgia to pick up my boat for me. Some great friends i have. They tell me the boat is better looking in person than when i decided to buy it from the pictures. Here is one picture of the boat attached to my truck. Thanks for looking and ill add more pictures later. SGT Shorey over and out!:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Not too shabby..... whats the details? Length motor size ect?

3. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice rig ya got there. Great friends

4. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    congrats and good luck with her!!!!

5. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee

This is an Henry'O model 170 fishing and pleasure boat. The original title says it is a 1989 boat and motor, however this really does not mean much as the entire boat has been reconditioned and all parts replaced with new items.
    The boat has had the hull inspected and has been properly cleaned and polished. There is no known degradation of the hull or anywhere else on the boat, however there are a couple small wear areas.
    The stainless steel is in good condition with no rusting.
    Decking has been covered with non-slip marine coating (three coats) and the additional coating goes with the boat.
    The fuel tank, fuel lines, and tank pickup have been replaced with new lines and filters. A Flo-Scan fuel meter has been installed along with a new fuel gauge.
    The fuel cap and area plate has been replaced with one made of 770 stainless steel.
    All the electrical has been replaced by a certified marine electrician from Yamaha and a new electrical panel has been installed. All worn wiring was removed and replaced along with two new heavy duty/ high amp batteries being installed.
    All canvas is in good condition with a new console cover installed.
    All seat covers have been recovered with new vinyl.
    All fishing rod holders have been replaced along with new nylon rigging ropes.
    The motor is a Yamaha 90 horsepower motor. It has been tune every spring for the past three years and has had new heads installed along with a new lower casing. All work was done by a certified Yamaha technician using only Yamaha parts. The engine has been tested and meets Yamaha requirements. The rest of the engine looks new and runs great.
    The trailer has been completely rebuilt with new wheels, tires, bearings rollers, new wiring and lights, along with a new wheels, jack, and wench. The frame of the trailer was sand blasted and then coated with rust inhibitor and three coats of Rustoleum silver paint.
    All this work was accomplished in the fall of 2007, however due to the drought in Georgia and the very low level of Lake Lanier the boat has not been out since then. Every three months I start up the motor and run it for 45 minutes to recharge the batteries and make sure all the moisture is out of the engine. The engine has been properly stored with the correct Yamaha oils and sealant each winter.
    The boat will come with several different types of fishing rods (10 total), life vests, and three gallons to the proper Yamaha T-4 oil and countless additional items for upkeep, painting, and cleaning worth another couple hundred dollars

Attached Files:

6. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a great deal, have fun with it. The bonus would be those ten rod and reel combos.

7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    here are some more pics of the boat. I am need of a rod holder set up. It is fiberglass so i am not sure about putting the rod holder bases directly to the boat. Will that work fine? Anyone a welding shop around the Clarksville/Woodlawn area. Or someone that can do it. can you think of any mods I can use. I have already purchased a 48"x36"x24" livewell. Looking for a good bait tank as well. Thanks SGT Shorey

Attached Files:

8. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Nice boat!
    Also, I see you're in uniform in your pick and just wanted to say "Thank You"
    :0a31:

9. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice boat and one more reason to come home safe. Thank you for the job you and all others are doing and just remember our prayers are with you. Your struggle for the Independence of others is the epitome of what this great country is all about. Stay safe and look forward to seeing you on the water soon!!!

10. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Great looking boat!!and 10 combos to boot what a deal:big_smile:

11. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Hey, when are you going to be home. I will be home from Iraq the first half of Sept., 21 days at end half of Feb., then for good in June of next year. I can weld and have a welder. I made Brad and myself holders out of stuff i had sitting around. They went into the rear seat post hole on the back of our boats so that we didnt have to drill into or boats. It also allows us to break them down and store them in the boat if we want to do other styles/types of fishing. Also if I want to take the family out tubing dont have it planted on the back. I would have to look at the way your back area is set up to come up with some ideas. Send me some pics of the back area so I can brain scheme. You buy the material and we shouldnt have any problems coming up with something. Besides im usually cheaper than fab shops I usually do this kind of stuff for free because i enjoy tinkering. Ok maybe a few beers. LOL :cool2:

12. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    here are some pics of my ex-wifes racecar to show you that i can weld, in case you have any questions. During the build, complete, and when she rolled it 5 times. Only one bar got bent and she took it back out as you see it about 2 hours later in the next race.:eek:oooh: Like i said i like tinkering.

Attached Files:

13. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Right on Sarge !!!

Nice boat, good to see that you are takeing your time with it, and not
    just drilling holes all over it ((LMAO)))

I just bought a new mount for mine, from a guy that does welding for Monster Rod Holders, I will send you a PM with the address.

Hey Scott you and Redneck hurry up and get your Butts back over here ((LMAO)) maybe we can all hook up at a gathering some time.
    that would be a Hoot to meet both of you.

You know you are in our prayers and thoughts,

Best of Luck to you both

Hope this is the best 4th you ever had

cliff

14. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Hey AJ, yes that is a 78' Cutlass. After the damage I put a 84' Cutlass body on it for the next year.

Cliff, Im trying to get back but I cant pass up on the money. LOL
    I plan on being done next June. I will have half of the money that I need for my 5200 sq ft log home. I will finance the rest. Hopefully I will be around for next years big gathering. If not I drove a truck for Maverick Transportation out of Little Rock before I came over here. I will probably go back to them so im down in that area often. We could atleast meet up for dinner sometime.