My new big solar balloon

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Nov 30, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you have read my earlier post [here] then you know that one of my hobbies is building and flying solar-powered hot air balloons. Just the other day I made the "big one" which stands at least 12 feet tall. I haven't got to give it a real go yet because of windy conditions. Hopefully this weekend will be good. I am going to add a parachute vent at the top for easy deflation and maybe a place to attach my camera harness. Here it is:

12ftsolarb.jpg

[if you look real close at the bottom of the balloon you will see the tin can. That will help put the monster in perspective :smile2: ]

2. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I opened that pic and all I could do is laugh. That thing is huge.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

That is a lot of HOT AIR. Looks good though. Good Luck on your maiden voyage.

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's funny. I love it.
    A lot of trash bags went into that one.
    just hook up the house and ride in it yourself. LOL.

I saw the tin can. LMAO that is the Jolly Green Giant version of a can of beans. Good ideal, beans produce hot air. LOL

Too funny:tounge_out: :smile2:

5. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How did you get started in such a hobby?How aong have you been doing it? You need to spend some time and tell your story. I think what your doing is much more news worthy then,gangs painting up signs or sellin dope! You are a credt to todays youth!! The BOC is lucky to have you as a member. smokey

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Man that looks big!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wheres the basket you ride in? I too would like to know how you got started and the size goal you have in mind.
    Bill

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey, that's a very interesting hobby!
    And thanks for the link back to your other post and pictures.. I had missed them. :smile2: