my new avatar

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Jan 23, 2008.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    this post is for john (post beetle). it wont be long. he made a comment about my new avatar and how i am sticking my nose in the air. i am not really sticking my nose in the air, the guy who took the picture was just short. plus it lets you see my flairing nostrils, looking like old Matt Dillon. thanks for noticing though John, it really shows you care. i was going to put one on there of me sitting beside an old Jap .30 cal machine gun on IWO JIMA, but then you couldnt see who i was. anyway just thoguht i would clear that up for you.

2. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Careful with the short jokes, I will bite your kneecaps off:smile2:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya may wanna take care of them nose hairs. LOL!

4. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    i will be sure and take care of those george. wouldnt want them to be out of regs or anything.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ya know Joe, early on in my life (I am gonna call ya Joe from now on out, got a son named Joe, you just look like a Joe to me.) (I hope I don't offend your mother.) (I don't care what Jolene calls ya, I could probably name a few names, and they ain't Joe.)) I was trained to be observant.

How does it walk? Bleeding anywhere? Ganted up? Eyes watering? Sneezing. Coughing? Look mean? Snot coming from the nose? Worth treating? Can they kill me if I ain't careful?

I have gotten up close and personal with ton bulls, ton draft hoses, fat women, mean dogs, pissed off lawyers, frothing at the mouth cops, ex-wives. One thing my powers of observation have taught me is to not to mess with a giant Marine. The man who took that picture was just a short guy. If I had taken that picture all we would have seen would have been nose. I am really a short guy. I noticed the picture earlier this morning. I thought to myself, what a distinguished individual you are. You look like the perfect man to do PR work. If they don't put their X on the line you will tell them you are going to break their head. I'll bet your recruit to visit ratio gets you promoted.

So Joe. I am impressed. I like that picture. I would have liked to see that Jap machine gun too. But I will take what you gave us. Now I want to see an avatar of you in a recruiting station, leaning over a desk talking to some numbnuts while you lie to him with a smile on your face about the benefits of dying for his country. Don't tell him about boot camp, nothing about boot camp. Lie, lie, lie.

So, when are they going to teach you how to comb your hair?

6. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    there are a few things in this world i have learned in my travels. one is dont mess with the short quite guys. alot of times the are the ones that will whoop you faster than the big loud ones. and i dont mind if you call me joe. my mom calls me joe. another thing i have learned is that the more you lie, the more people dont like you. if i am chosen to be a recuiter, i dont know how well i would do. i dont like to beat around the bush, dont like to lie, and i will tell them like it is. i wont bash their heads in, even if they need it. i will let the Drill Instructors do it for me. i would prefer to be a Drill Instructor, but whatever happens, happens. i will see about posting the ics i have of Iwo Jima on here later. they are at home but i will see about putting them on here. and it is kind of hard for me to comb my hair. it is very fine and only about 2 inches long on top, so it pretty much does what it wants. and dont worry john, i wouldnt kill you. you and a few others on here are the ones i would go to bat for, no matter what the odds or how many we are up against.

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John

My God John!!! Have You Gone Mad or,Looked Closely At The SIZE Of that Marine( I'll Call Him Mr. Joe Marine) Just a Plane Ol 5'8" JarHead Is TOUGHER Than Nails,I Can't even Imagine one 7'8" or so Tall. so Mr.Joe if your reading this Please Excuse My Iowa Friend John Dungbeetle cause he must have fallen down again and hit his head and that made Him GOOFY.We are going get Him some Help OK.
    Respectfully Yours
    Johns BOC Iowa Brother
    J.D. A.K.A. Hog Head
    :wink:

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    But I just have to say this!! After reading a good share of the posts,you guys come across to me as warm,caring,funny, individuals. I have come to care for you all and I don't personally even know you. I truly want to meet ya all.I just think you are good good folks and it would feel good to me to share a camp fire with ya! Joe,how long ya been a marine and what is the process you'd have to go through to become a drill instructor? I hope ya all that read this have a most wonderful day and evening! God Bless each and every one of you! With much Sincerity...............Sister Pat:big_smile:

9. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    dont worry JD, i know he is getting on in years and maybe some senility is starting to set in. no harm no foul. beetle is as good as they come in my book.

10. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    thank you for the kind words pat. as far as becoming a Drill Instructor goes, i would have to apply, be screened for it, then go to school. the school for it is like going through Boot Camp all over again. once i complete the school i would be assigned to my first platoon, usually one that is about half way through its cycle, so that i can learn the ropes from seasoned Instructors. after that i would be put on a team of usually 3 to 5 Drill Instructors and would start my tour on the Drill Field. they pull some long days out there. thats the only part that would make me less than happy.

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    He only told you part of it. DI's have to be good looking. Movie quality stuff. John Wayne good looking. Recruiting fits his bill much better.

12. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    now john, that was a little below the belt dont you think. you are the one that said i look like matt dillon. dont be mad at me, i was the one tall enough to look over the desk at the recruiting office. its not my fault you still have a hard time at the bank, they should definately lower those counters. and dont even think about going to a theme park. lol

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Being Good Looking well it un hmmmmmmm never entered my mind about that cause ya see I am married and I've sorta trained my eyes not to roam but on the occassion that they still do well honestly any man in a military uniform can make my heart go:sweat:but that is very rare cause I'm a good girl. I don't propose to be anywhere near as onery as you appear to be to me!Now don't ya let em get to ya callin you Short it's what's in the heart of a man that matters JMHO!!:big_smile::wink:

14. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    My dad was a DI for 5 years and he was one tough sob, I have a lot of respect for the Marines since my father was one for 22 years.
    He is dieing from leukemia now and isn't long for this world but will have a very nice military funeral when he does leave us.

15. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Yes!!! PB is a LEGEND. :wink:

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yep and that ole Knucklehead is real hard to dislike to