My new and bigger bait tank!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by caneycat, May 31, 2008.

1. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Last night my dad was weedeating and put three holes in the side of my bait tank and with water shooting out three to four inches Dad went in the barn and got some sheet metal screws for me to put in the holes but they were still seeping a bit but it helped, so we had to run in to town to get a new one so I said since I did not have buy it I am going to get a 8 footer instead of the 6 footer that I had. So we ran in to walmart and they had no 8' pools and very few 6' pools so ran to academy and as we got to the doors the manger was closing the doors but thankfully he let in so we ran to the back of the store and they had one 8' pool left and it was the some price as my old one!
    [​IMG]
    It is 451 gallons and the last one I had was 211 gallon, my goldfish should love the extra room!
    Here are some pics of my fish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    thats a heck of a baittank......where do you get your goldfish?-bassmassey

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    nice set up Dylan and those goldfish are big where did you get them.

4. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I got them at petsmart.

The goldfish are not that big, most of them are about two inches and I have a few the are about three inches.

5. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    caney i will prob suggest this on the other site u and me both are on too lol

IF he does that again or if you move the tank, buy a tarp and put underneath the tank then he dont have to weedeat so close (works with small swimmin poools too!!!!!!)

i like the idea of the cast net above it... what u use for shade??? might not hurt to move by a tree or make some kind of overhang so the water dont get so hot....

GREAT IDEA THO!!!!I LOVE IT!!! wish my stepsons had the initiative u do!!! i cant hardly get them to mow let alone raise bait!!

6. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Is the other site Whiskerkitty?

That is a good idea about the tarp. I all way trim the grass with some of my mom's hand trimmers but I forgot to this time and dad weedeated around it... Oops.

There is a big root beer plant that hangs over the top of it and shads half of the tank.

Thanks!

7. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    yes sir it is lol

i did the same thing one time with a ezset pool and had to buy a new one, so always tarp!!!! a shot of weedkiller works too but with the tarp you can hold it up while he mows or vice versa

do you have a areator for it?? i wonder the max number of gold fish you could put in it??? i know shad it like 1 shad per gal of water..... what bout some perch?? you could keep some in there too for bait, they always fun and easy to catch and cats love them!!

8. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yes I do have a aerator for it.

I don't know how many I can put in there but I would like to know.

I have not put perch in there yet because my goldfish are still to small and the prech would eat them.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice bait tank.

10. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    keep us informed!!!!

11. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nice tank. Let us know how it turns out when you add the bream to it, and how many fish it can handle/hold comfortably!

12. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Will do guys!!!!!