My new addiction.

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by FishingAddiction, Jul 19, 2009.

1. FishingAddiction

FishingAddiction New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I've always loved fishing. I grew up fishing ponds and lakes off the bank with my dad, mostly for bass and bream. Now that I have a wife and kids of my own I take them fishing every chance I get, and we all have a great time.

Recently, my new boss relocated here from out of state and brought a boat down with him. He soon bought a house but the HOA wouldnt let him keep his boat outside, and he didnt have room in the garage for it. Since he isnt a fisherman he decided to sell it. Long story short, I ended up with my first fishing boat (at an awesome price too :wink:).

At this point I was excited to get out on the river. We spent a few weekends fishing bass and bream here on the little Pee Dee, and were having a great time. Them a friend of mine brought up catfishing. Now I had caught catfish before, but always from the hill. Being a fishing fiend I agreed and off we went. I only caught one fish that night, but man! I couldnt believe the difference in the way it felt from the boat. I hooked up on a little 4lb. flathead and it was the most fun I've had in a long time. Pound for pound cats have to be the hardest fighting fresh water fish there is.

Now all I want to do is go catfishing some more. Being a noob to it all I went looking for info on how to do it right and found this place. Thanks to all the great information here I feel much better suited to go out and find the fish, instead of relying on dumb luck. Just wanted to say hey and thank you guys that take the time to put this info out for people like me. Hope to tie up to a 20+ pounder soon!

2. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Welcome to the BOC.You will love this site.

3. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Welcome, Your nest addiction will be this site.

4. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Tow that boat to Santee and go ahead and catch a hog! Welcome to BOC and good luck! Hit me up anytime I can help and if you do come to Santee sometime. Kevin

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC from Bennettsville! Great folks and info here. I will look forward to your reports!

Bill in SC

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    GORDON ,welcome to the BOC .Check out FAQ, under the quick links heading ,an also check out the member's library section to ,u also need to check out the S.C. gathering ,that would be a great way to fish santee for the first time .I know all the guy's at the gathering would enjoy helping a newbie out ,that,s just the way the BOC members are :wink: :cool2:

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Gordon.

8. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    Hi and welcome and they are right this site has some addictive qualities its self:wink:

9. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Welcome to the Boc. enjoy:big_smile:

10. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC, this site will certainly feed your addiction! It sure does mine!

11. Capt. JT

Capt. JT New Member

State:
    Holden Beach NC
    where can I find more info on the gathering? date, place, & time?

12. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gordon Welcome to the Brotherhood, from So. Illinois. For lots more fishing info, check out the BOC members library.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

15. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    JON go to home page down toward the bottom of page ,BOC members gathering ,look for sc an also check out the nc gathering thread also hope this helps :cool2: