My New 2072 Part 2

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by dhogue, Feb 10, 2007.

1. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    It's me again the BOC member that's still waiting to get my boat in the water. To clear up some hits I've received on my boat it's a Brand new boat 2007 model year. I was at the St.Louis Boat show yesterday, spoke with Sean from Cook's Boat and Motor's he mention one of BOC member ask if I was the one who purchase my 2072 from Cook's.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    First and formost, I would like to Welcome you to the BOC Devlyn!!!
    Also, congratulations on the new boat Brother, I bet you can wait to get her wet!!!

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    That was probably me Devlyn. I saw Sean and Drew yesterday and cut up with them for quite some time. I told them about the BOC, and mentioned your name as I knew you bought your new rig from them. I bought my "Big Daddy" from them during last years show as well. I'm tickled to death with my boat, and I can tell you from this year Sean and Drew stand behind their products and will jump through hoops to make you happy. I just signed up for the tournament again. Its a great great time and doesnt cost much money, plus they are having a barbecue this year. Come out in August and bring that shiny new rig. Cuz

4. SEMOcats

SEMOcats New Member

State:
    Jackson, Missouri
    John,

Do you own a Seaark big daddy 2472? If so how do you like it?

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yes Matt, I have the SeaArk Big Daddy. I bought it from Cooks Boats and Motors up in Troy, MO. I've attached a couple photos of it below. I absolutely love it. It rides very nice, even in rough water conditions. I had a 225 Yamaha put on it, which pushes it anywhere from 49-56 mph depending on how much weight I have in the boat. Even in a nasty 2 foot lake chop it glides across of the top of the waves in a smooth, dry, ride. I highly recommend it.

Attached Files:

6. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    I thought about buying one but my dock isn't deep enough and I had enough trouble convincing my wife I needed a 20ft. boat. That is a great looking boat.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    A couple folks wanted an interior view of my rod rack system so here you go. I used galvanized bases, with a galvanized threaded vertical rod. I then used a PVC T and PVC pipe so my Scotty Styker Rod holders would mount on them a little easier.

Attached Files:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Here is a closeup of the rod rack system.

Attached Files:

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Sweet boat john ,if you dont mind me asking ,whats a rig like that cost ? i have been wanting a big daddy but dont know if i can handle the payments

10. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Nice Set Up CUZ! Where did you find the Scotty Styker Rod holders? Looks like what I have been looking for! Could you send me a pm with the information? Thanks

11. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    My 2072 VLPD is not as big as your Big Daddy, I'm just sticking with the standard places to install my rod holders.

Attached Files:

12. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    That's one sweet boat CUZ!

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I dont mind you asking buddy. I have 32,000 in my rig, however thats with some considerable options I had added in. I had the dual console, the front step storage, added as options. Also, I ordered my Lowrance LCX 26HD, and a VHF Ship to Shore radio, and stereo system, a Minn Kota Digital Tour 82 Trolling motor, and had them drop shipped to Cooks Boats. Sean and Drew only charged me 250 dollars to install all of the above equipment. It would have taken me a week to get all that in the boat so I thought that was a deal. If anyone is interested, I'm pretty sure you could get into a Center console Big Daddy for 28,000 or so. My boat payments run me 316.00 a month I think for 180 months, although I usually try to pay quite a bit more so I dont pay too much interest. I feel very lucky to have her and I'm very very thankfull thats for sure. Anyone is welcome in my boat anytime, you just kind of have to invite yourself. I took Kutter out a couple of times and havnt seen him since, so you might want to think twice. :smile2:

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats one awesome rig Devlyn. No length competition is needed between us. I just had to have the extra length to try and contain my rug rats. If it werent for my little ones, I'd have exactly what you do. I love the set up you have too. You mounted your rod holders just like I had on my G3 Boat. Hope to see you this summer at the Cooks Tournament. Its a great time, and theres quite a few BOC brothers going to be there.

15. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    Take four people out in a 14' jon boat during rough water. That ought to do it. It worked for me. :wink: I'm now the proud owner of a 20' SeaArk Rivercat. You get a lot more boat for the money by going with SeaArk.

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    congrats on the new rig Rob. Those river cats are indeed super nice boats and they dont break the bank either. I agree, you do get alot more boat with the SeaArks. May you put many fat hogs in her, unless of course we are in a BOC competition with each other. Then, me and Gooboy will get revenge. :tounge_out:

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    How'd you manage a Mercury on your SeaArk? When I was up there last year all they had was Suzuki and Yamaha. Anyone want to compare and contrast that SeaArk vs. the G3? I can get an 06 2072 G3 with a 90/60 Yamaha Jet stripped for $17,995.00 Or the boat alone for $6995 and I found a 115 Yamaha Jet with 3 hours on it for $8500.00 with control's. Anyone know what Cooks would charge just for the boat, trailer, SC, round bait tank rod locker trolling motor mount and front storage. Looks like I better call them. Anyone have their number handy? Hard to believe there is not a SeaArk dealer in Ohio.

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Here you go Shawn. Ask for Sean Finley, and tell him John Allen sent you. I am POSITIVE Sean can beat that price and probably put a 115 on it for you. they are having an open house this weekend with extended hours too. They had a sweet River Cat they could have put you in for 16,000. I had a G3 for a year and it doesnt compare to the SeaArks in what you get for the money. Good Luck.

http://www.cooksboats.com/

19. SeaArk1

SeaArk1 New Member

State:
    Sedalia, Missouri
    I also bought a Big Daddy last year. I absolutely love the boat. I got mine in camo though. I bought mine from Troy at Missouri River Outfitter's in Columbia.

Attached Files:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice Rig Matt. I think I may have fished a couple of tourny's with you. They are truly great boats. You just cant beat the ride.