my motor broke

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by runabout199, Feb 2, 2009.

1. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    well i have limped with my 77 j/e for a few years and was attempting to go out on the oost the other day and it finally died. ill explain a bit. my pullstring return spring kept breaking so i removed it and just took the cowl off and manually wound up cord. the other day my pulley that the rope goes around shattered lol so now i am boat less :sad2: . guess its back to bank fishing for me for a bit. water was up at river though i tried to fish from boat ramp for a few hours but frustration got the best of me. just thought id post

2. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Man sorry to here about that Jr.:eek:oooh:
    Try E-bay some times you can find parts cheep,
    Puddle

3. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    got a nother motor but it was a downgrade . went from 1977 9.9 to 1992 6hp both evinrudes. i would like to still buy the parts to fix the 9.9 because (when it runs) it runs very nice and strong. i found the parts to fix it and they will cost approx 100 dollars but due to the worlds economy i have to wait to get them. i am going to keep it as a tinker motor for when i have nothing to do. thanks for the help though bro

4. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Just like Puddle said, keep checking Ebay... I've replaced alot of parts on my '78 9.9 Big Johnson over the last couple of years with parts from there, including the spring and pulley that you're talking about...

5. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    ok was checking e bay and found a good parts motor but cant afford to buy it lol when i get some money ill check again. thanks for the info :cool2:

6. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Sorry to hear, maybe a marina salvage yard would have some pieces and parts, doesnt sound too far gone,or craigslist for a motor, some good deals are out there