My Mother's EARLY Christmas gift

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Last week I had to go to Lowe's to buy some things for a closet I am having built and some mirrored closet doors for the rest of the house. When I left Lowes' there was a man with the cutest puppies in the parking lot of the Advance Auto. Of course, I had to stop and check them out. With the loss of my brother recently and Mom living alone, I thought of her. I had to bring her outside dog to my house and my chihuahua is too hyper for her, so when I saw these cute puppies that seemed to be so calm and playful, I thought of her having one. I knew that she wouldn't take it unless I told her it was a gift for Christmas. I had a hard time picking one out for her. There were 3 but only 2 males for choosing as the female was being picked up by a lady later.

He said they were Pekapoos. Half Pekinese and half poodle. Small dogs and so fluffy, they looked like minature polar bears. It turned out he was a 70 year old man who loves dogs and probably makes a little extra income with selling them. He takes them for their first vet visit, so he can't make much money on selling them. He was a funny little man who had question after question for me and my personal life, until the last question was would I marry him. LOL. I told him NO, I had no plans of ever marrying again. He said I guess I am too old for you..........LOL, I said no, I just don't want or need a man in my life period. I laughed and said, at least I can say I had a proposal this year, so I was batting a 1000 for the past few years. LOL. Anyway he has a trailer with 30 dogs in it, and I felt sorry for him too, feeding and caring for all those dogs by himself, so I finally picked out the largest one, so Mom could see it better.

I have to worry about the puppy tripping her, as she doesn't need to fall at her age. I took him back to work with me and everyone fell in love with him and wanted one. So if it turns out she decides not to keep him, then I will be able to sell him to someone else or keep him myself............yeah, like I need another pet. LOL.

I brought him home with me and that evening I had company. Even Michelle who doesn't like animals at all, fell in love with him and wanted him. Korbin and India had a ball with him. After they left, I bathed him, took him to Mom with a red Christmas ribbon around his neck and after saying she didn't want a dog, proceeded to fall in love with the little ball of fluff.

Here is his picture. Let me know what you think. I am beginning to wonder if he isn't part Cocker Spaniel instead of Pekingnese.

Take care.
    Cheryl

P.S. Christmas shopping OVER. LOL. My dog, Riley, not happy. LOL.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Who ya kiddin Cheryl? The intent was for you to keep the dog from the get go! LOL! I hate them dogs with the leaky dirty eyes. LOL!

Have fun with the poop and pee on the rug! LOL!

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

BG, WHAT don't you hate? LOL. Mom loves him already and she first named him Fuzzy Wuzzy or fuzzball, now she calls him Friskie. LOL. I told her he was the most slothful Friskie I had ever seen in my life. That was why I got him, so he wouldn't be under her feet. BUT he sleeps on her shoes while she is watching TV. When she takes a nap, she gives him her houseshoes to sleep on. LOL. He has the saddest eyes. He hates my Riley because Riley is always yappin' at him and jealous of him.

Take care.
    Cheryl

P.S. They now have something for those leaky eyes. Now WHAT don't you hate, besides catfishing?

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well she has had him a week tomorrow and compared to Riley he is still a sloth. LOL.

BG, I will suggest that name to her. She will :lol:

Take care.
    Cheryl

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    He sure is a cutie,looks like a great foot warmer. Sounds like she is allready spoiling him. They sure do make for a lot of company and can sure cheer a person up. GOD BLESS you for thinking of your Mother.

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

OK, that made my crappy morning a whole heck of alot better. Thanks Cheryl!!! By the way, that has to be one of the best presents ANYONE can get.

Ray

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cheryl,

What a wonderful story! I read this:
    When I left Lowes' there was a man with the cutest puppies in the parking lot ....

and thought: yup, uh huh, famous last words :big_smile:

When someone has critters in a box outside WalMart, I have to enter and exit through the other doors, or I'm a goner!

The pooch is adorable and your mom looks so very happy... bless you for making her smile like that!

Carolyn

P.S> Very sorry to learn of the loss of your brother.