my most important question of the year

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by fishinfreak19D, Mar 9, 2009.

1. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    ok, now, i love fishin, i also love my motorcycle, i need a boat. but on soldiers pay, ya usually cant have both... now heres my dilemma. my friend has a boat.... A NICE BOAT. and he wants my bike, and he went insane and offered an even trade (boats worth alot more than the bike). cause he just doesnt boat anymore. that and its a fishin boat and he dont fish. id hate to part ways with the bike but would love a boat. i cant make the decision by myself because i dont wanna regret it(cause i probably would either way). but what would you all do in this situation. it might just give me the encouragement i need.

2. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If he's a pretty good friend, you can do what a friend and I did a couple years ago while considering a trade. Swap for a weekend and see how you feel afterwards.

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I would trade, I'm to old and stove up to ride a bike:smile2:

You will have to make that one yourself.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    TRADE!
    A bike is a waste of money imo. Its not to you but it is to me.:smile2:
    A bike can only be used for maybe 6 months outta the year, around here anyway. They also provide no protection from weather and you cant sleep in them.:confused2::smile2:
    A boat will let you fish places that you couldnt before and let you enjoy your time fishin a little bit more.
    Its a no brainer in my book.:wink::smile2:

5. fishinfreak19D

State:
    Pittston, PA
    lol we already did that,,,, thats y i cant decide.. the boats beautiful, but so is the bike. and i dont know what to do lol

6. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When I was younger, Id of choose the bike, but now it would be the boat...lol. Let us know how it turns out

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Just a reminder.:wink:
    You are on a fishin site. Most will probably say boat, if they are actually fisherman.:smile2:

8. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    First of all - Thank you for your service!!!!:wink: And secondly - you asked that question on a catfishing website!!!!! :roll_eyes: You know what your answer is going to be from anyone on here. So that leads me to believe you just want us to tell you it is ok....ITS A STEAL!!!!! TAKE IT!!!!!:smile2:

9. fishinfreak19D

State:
    Pittston, PA
    thats kinda what i was hopin everyone would say,, i just need the extra push to do it

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I'll add my comment and I love both.
    When I retired I was going to buy a new bike or a new boat. After much thought went with the boat. Water is a lot softer than black top. I fish on a lot of days I couldn't ride a bike. Good luck on your decision.
    Thank you for serving our country.

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I got over the bike thing and absolutely LOVE my boat and get far more joy out of it than I ever did the bike. Still have that old Electra Glide in the garage and haven't even got on it in six years, it's gonna be up for sale when I get around to it.

Like BlueJay said, you get older and that blacktop whizzing by starts looking pretty hard. LOL!!!!!!

Get the BOAT!!!!!!!:wink:

12. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I say look at the true value of both and if the Boat is worth more than Bike then it is a win win. Get the boat and it after while you decide you do not like it you can see it off use the money to get a bike that is worth less and then get a smaller Jon baot to run the river and creeks. Again a win win kinda thing in my mind.

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Jeff if you wern't holding that BIG gun I would give you a BIG push:smile2:

TRADE

14. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    What kind of bike do you have? I would need to know that before I could give advice.

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    If you guys are real good friends, just trade until October, then rethink it. :smile2:

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan

Shame on you Jay for that statement:smile2::smile2::smile2:

No motorbike is worth what a boat is...:roll_eyes::eek:oooh::tounge_out:

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    how long have you been ridin ?? i been ridin Harleys since age 14. rode a sporty to high school and put many thousand miles on the soft tail. i aint rode at all since i went back to fishin seriously and dont really miss it. if you have alot of road time under yer belt and love fishin i reckin yer gonna be fine with the trade. so, like Gump says, thats all i got to say bout that

18. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I've had 3 near death experiences on a bike, but the closest I've ever been to God was on a boat. :wink:

Get the boat, (unless you've got a 76 Harley Low Rider):cool2:

19. fishinfreak19D

State:
    Pittston, PA
    ridin since i was 15, got ALOT of miles under me, i think im gonna take all yalls advice and do the trade, the boats too nice, runs too good, and is in too good of condition to pass up,,, i might not miss the bike as much as i thot i would.

20. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Trade that rolling death trap and start enjoying more fishing in places u have not been able to get to