My mobilization update

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by East, Sep 15, 2006.

1. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know i haven't been on the BOC long, but i thought i'd give an update.
    Im now in Ft. Hood TX, after about a month of training at Ft. Jackson SC and 3 weeks of Tech School refresher at Ft. Gordon GA. I leave sunday to go to Ft. Bliss Tx for more combat training and then it looks like i'm going over to the "sandbox" to join my unit. I know there are a few guys here that are serving overseas, i was wondering where you guys are at and if you all have any tips or advice for a newbee over there! Talk to you all later, Josh aka, Spc. East 324 SC BN

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i cant help you out on your question for i'm not in the service. justed wanted to say thanks for keeping our country free.good luck over there and stay safe.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am assumeing you are in the Army,either way you are one of my heros. If you wouldn't mind I'd be much obliged if you and I could communicate by email. I talked to Suddawd while he was in Kuwait.any way just be safe and come home safe I will keep you in prayer,your BOC Sister----------pk powell:smile2:

4. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah thats cool! Yes im in the Army, headed to Iraq, last year was my 8 year anniversary with the Army, i got mobilized in July, looks like they snatched me up just in time huh?

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    sorry to hear you're in texas Josh, but on the bright side you're leaving there - even if it is to go to the sandbox:0a10: :lol:

thank you, sir, for your service

6. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    believe it or not, Ft. Hood TX is a lot better than Ft. Gordon Ga, that place has really gone downhill since i was there last in 98

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Josh, Thank you sir for giving yourself so I can be free. Please stay in touch with us when you get a chance. You can at least keep up with where the fish are biting. God bless.

st

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Josh thank you for your Service You Guys are the cream of our youth praying you have safe tour:smile2:

9. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    welcome back josh,, what is ur mos?? hope ur safe if you have to go play in the sand,,,,,,

10. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    25L, used to be 31L or Cable Dawgs a we're more commonly referred to! I run telephone, data and CATV lines as well as installing various types of tactical telephones and multiplexing equipment.

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Good to see you posting again lil bro! Went snagging tonight, but didn't get anything. I'm heading out tomorrow afternoon for some dove hunting! :big_smile:

12. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    you ever go get that .22?

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Josh one of my fishing buddies just shipped out, Cruisenman aka Ken. I am not sure of his MOS but he will be there for a year.

14. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    not yet. I went by his house last Sunday, but he wasn't home. I'll try to get it tomorrow. I bought my bow tag yesterday. :smile2:

15. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    I can't believe it could be worse than 1986 when I was there for 17 weeks for school.

Be safe, take care, and come back soon.

Scott

16. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    keep me posted where he ends up

17. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Here's an e-mail I got from Josh last night.

Well im now in Ft. Bliss TX (EL Paso), got here Sunday and guess what, im doing the same in processing now for the third time. I got 4 shots today, smallpox, hepatitis b, tuberculosis and started my anthrax series, im a little sore!!!! Well the news everyone has been waiting for, i leave Saturday for Iraq. We will be heading to Kuwait first probably to acclimate and more training. I will then join my unit which is already there, doing a year tour. The way i understand it i will come back when they come back, hopefully early September next year and should be done for good as i reached my 8 year obligation on the 10th of this month! I still don't know all of the details like address or anything, based on what i've heard my unit is going to a relatively safe spot. Thats all i know for now, as always i will continue to keep you all posted. I'm pretty confident that i will be warned about playing with the local wildlife, but i gotta catch me one of those camel spiders!!!

Later, Josh

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Josh you stay safe over there and come back home soon as possible.Got to go fishin with your bro and would like the oppertunity to get to do the same with you or maybe both of you at the same time. GOD BLESS and thank you for keeping the rest of us safe. Keep in touch even if you have to do it through your brother ERIC (Believer).

19. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dont worry about a thing brother you will be fine. I will be leaving in December. When will you get into the cat box? I am in Baghdad.

MAJ D

20. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey sir, we fly out friday night (22 sep). The "cat box" thats a new one for me. Do you know if there's any other BOC guys over there? I dont know how much i can say on the message board but im with the 324th Sig Bn and i heard they're at the camp named after the big snake. Sorry if that sounds stupid, they've been pumpnig us full of briefings on OPSEC and all of that good stuff :confused2: . SPC. East