My lucky day!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    WylieCat does not know it, but I borrowed his lucky horse shoe this morning for my catfish trip with Tim Mead, a sportswriter, who is doing a story about me for the North Carolina Sportsman.

Lite wind out of the NE (2 MPH), a little cloud cover early and water temp. was 62 to 64 degrees. Bait of choice was crappie stripes and chunks, plus some live bream, gold fish and no. 30 shiners. Within five minutes or so, we had the first fish on. From 7 AM to 8:45 AM we boated 12 cats, then we went an hour or so without a bite and I moved. Second area we drifted we caught 10 or 12. Most were eating size (3 to 5 pounds), but we had several in the 8 to 18 pound class. All were blues, except for one channel cat. Fishing time was four hours.

Thanks WC, I put your horse shoe back where you had it hidden. Mac

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thats good stuff mac. i guess it all works out the way it should. hope you can handle all the new buisness that will be coming in once that article hits the stands.

and did i mention that i am also an outdoor columnist for the "swamp monkey salute". how bout hooking me up with some blues next time im up your way.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mac them are some real nice fish.CONGRATS TO YOU ON THE ARTICE TOO!

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like that you had your self a fun time fishing and them are some really nice fish that you caught congrats on your catches and thank you for sharing the pictures with us, and I wish you many more fish to come in your future.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Glad ya got on them Mac. That's a mess a cats. I'm looking forward to reading the article, Congrats.

-Jim-

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Mac, that sounds like an awesome trip! Congrats!

7. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Good job on your catch. Hopefully will have the same luck later on this year.

8. smith11

smith11 New Member

State:
    virginia
    ill be giving you a call soon mac got to go with you sometime in the near future

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Isn't it nice to catch fish when the cameras and notepad holders are there? :smile2:

Keep us posted on when the story will be in print!

10. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    man i wish i could find them like that they look great nice catches till next time
    good fishing