Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WylieCat does not know it, but I borrowed his lucky horse shoe this morning for my catfish trip with Tim Mead, a sportswriter, who is doing a story about me for the North Carolina Sportsman.

Lite wind out of the NE (2 MPH), a little cloud cover early and water temp. was 62 to 64 degrees. Bait of choice was crappie stripes and chunks, plus some live bream, gold fish and no. 30 shiners. Within five minutes or so, we had the first fish on. From 7 AM to 8:45 AM we boated 12 cats, then we went an hour or so without a bite and I moved. Second area we drifted we caught 10 or 12. Most were eating size (3 to 5 pounds), but we had several in the 8 to 18 pound class. All were blues, except for one channel cat. Fishing time was four hours.

Thanks WC, I put your horse shoe back where you had it hidden. Mac

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
thats good stuff mac. i guess it all works out the way it should. hope you can handle all the new buisness that will be coming in once that article hits the stands.

and did i mention that i am also an outdoor columnist for the "swamp monkey salute". how bout hooking me up with some blues next time im up your way.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Sounds like that you had your self a fun time fishing and them are some really nice fish that you caught congrats on your catches and thank you for sharing the pictures with us, and I wish you many more fish to come in your future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.