my luck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 223reload, Nov 23, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well we saw 5 nice bucks today ,two that a couple other fellas shot and three that were just a bit too far for me to whack comfortably ,300-500 yds.they are hot trailing does now and we had 3" of new snow this morning to hunt on . I feel very confident that I will connect in the morning. saw a huge 10 pointer trailing a dore and couldnt get ahead of him on the mesa above to intercept him ,never knew we were there. also a six and a big 10 with one perfect antler and the other broken at the G2.the bucks the guys shot that we helped get out were a smallish 6 and a big old 10 point,both nice bucks.

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a good spot. Hope you get him.

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    man i got the chills just read'n your thread ........... gonna try and head out in the morn'n see if i can get some coyote action in or some birds maybe both . can't let this first snow fall go to waste !!!!! good luck to ya !!! i'll check back tomorrow for pic.

4. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sounded like a good trip richard, i need to take one been gone for a month got back yesterday:embarassed:

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good luck load and pics would be nice:wink:

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    When you do get that big ole buck Richard and im sure you will be sure to take pleanty of pics. Good luck Buddy!!

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well guys ,I got my FIRST ever Whitetail and best deer ever at 8.00 this morningsaw a yearling forkhorn with three sticker points and decided to pass then a bit later the big boy was tending a doe in a mesquite flat. made a nice 150yd shot on him and got him,he would be a 130+ 8 pointer ,except hes been fighting and broke off just above the left brow tine,bases are 6 7/8 around teeth are nubs . I'm happy ,this guy was well past his prime and a great buck. I will get some pics up later after the work is done.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    congrats richard looking forward to hereing more about it on chat tonite

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats! I can't wait for pics! Well done Brother!!!:big_smile: