My Little Boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by arkrivercatman, Mar 4, 2009.

1. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Well, we pretty much finished her up. I still plan on putting an aluminum floor in it but that can wait. My neighbor just gave me a big sheet or it would have already been done.:wink::smile2: Im cheap.
    Its just a 14' Lowe Lake jon but it should do the trick. Im not in a hurry I just want to get there.
    What I like about it is that everything is removeable and we we didnt put any holes in the boat. I wont be married to a boat ramp, although one is preferred.:smile2:
    In less than 5 minutes it can go to from a bare jon to a comfortable cattin rig. Well as comfortable as a small boat can get.:tounge_out:
    The front deck leans on a rib and the seat boards are held on by some aluminum angle. The rod rack rests on the top of the rails and is held tight by some turnbuckles.
    I can move it anywhere on the boat in less than 5 minutes.:cool2::smile2:
    The transducer is mounted onto some aluminum bar and held to the boat by a C clamp.
    The front deck is topped with some exercise foam and is nice and soft.:roll_eyes::smile2:
    The flatheads better watch out, Im mobile.:wink::smile2::cool2:
    Thanks again for the help Ray, it was fun. Let me know when you are ready for the big boat.:wink::smile2:
    [youtubevid]ukZ3R-OSvTQ&feature=channel_page[/youtubevid]

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Nice boat Kyle.

3. Phoneman53

Phoneman53 New Member

State:
    Olivet, Kansas,
    thats all ya need,,,,,will be a lot of fun and slime...

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Nice job on the boat there Kyle, Yes I would say the flatheads better watch out.:smile2::wink:

To bad no more playin in the mud for you:sad2:

5. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Quite the contrary, Im like a magnet to the mud.:smile2:
    When I dont have the time to take her out I will still go play in the mud. It seems to work for me.:embarassed::smile2::tounge_out:

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Pretty cool Kyle, looks like a real nice small river setup. It would be great for the Kansas River up here.

7. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats a nice looking rig Kyle.

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Very nice Kyle......Hope you bring it to Melvern to break it in.

PS...I like the raps on the rod handles.

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Kyle, Gary is right, that would be a sweet ride on the Kaw. You need to bring it up this way and we can do an overnighter on a Kaw sandbar........sand, bugs, beer and FIRE!!! Bet we could even talk n2fishn into going along. Would be a good trip, think about it.

10. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Any time my friend.
    Heck it almost looks like we knew what we was doing. :roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    You Bet I would.

Lived in Topeka my whole life and have never fished the Kaw.

Charlie can cook dinner I will cook breakfast...Sounds like a good trip to me.

I get the front seat on the foam:smile2::smile2:

12. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Im ready.:wink:
    Ive only got a 6 hp now but she runs pretty good. Not real powerful but as long as Im movin upstream Im happy.:smile2:

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Ray you guy's did one heck of a job on that boat......

14. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Bring it up Kyle and we'll put my old 20hp on it, you'll do better than 6 mph.

We'd have 2 boats so could easily handle 4 people and lots of gear.

Tom you better like sand in your vittles, just can't keep it out no matter how hard you try. Hotdogs and cold beer, it's whats for dinner!!!

You boy's got me all fired up thinking about hearing that clicker scream mid chug:smile2:.

15. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I hear that Charlie...Duck hunted it for yrs and would get in the guns no manner how careful.

I was thinking spam on bread for breakfast:smile2:

16. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Crap, now you went and said Spam.............Catfishfever will be here shortly, just the smell of the word will get him out of bed before 5:46 pm.

17. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    NO spam PLEASE!! The younger generation, in which I am apart of, never took a liking to Spam. My Dad ate it, I just never liked it.:smile2:
    I think Ill bring somethin else.:sad2::smile2:
    Charlie, my boat is rated for a 20 hp. That thing would FLY with a 20 on it!!:crazy::smile2: I am hopin she does okay with whats on it, atleast until I can afford somethin better.
    Got what I could afford, which suprisingly wasnt a trollin motor.:eek:oooh:
    I know all about the sand. The Arkansas is the same.
    You are right, no matter how hard you try you will end up eatin some, drinkin some and takin some home in you shoes.:confused2::smile2:
    What month would be best? Has the river usually camed down by mid June?

18. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Now look guys spam has went to the moon and back...Its really good fried..:smile2:

Da!! Kyle you make me fill old :tounge_out:

19. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Nice boat, real nice boat.

20. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats on the boat Kyle. Hope you get some hogs in it and get it all slimed up. Now Ashley if the motor breaks down dont you let Kyle make you row the boat:smile2::smile2:. Glad to see you get a boat brother. I look forward to seeing the both of you this summer.

Tom