My Latest Bait what do you think?

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by catman849, Mar 12, 2007.

1. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    For Christmas this year my grandmother bought me some Great Scott Liver and Cheese Magic Bait but i dont like using magic bait where i fish because i will go through a bag of it and maybe catch one fish, i just dont see results with it around here. So i looked around and found an almost empty jar of peanut butter, some pure vanilla extract, and some shrimp pellets that i feed my fish. i ground up some shrimp pellets and put em into the jar and mixed it all up then added the vanilla and then the magic bait then i mixed it all around and the peanut butter with the vanilla and pellets really stick onto the bait and gives it a very unique smell and thats really what i was going for kuz I've tried a ton of magic bait scents and i have a nose like a catfish and they all smell the same to me. And keeping the bait in the resealable jar of peanut butter really keeps the mess contained and the smell. I plan on adding some beef blood when i cook some burgers and then just any other random things i might find just to have fun with it. So any of you experienced bait makers think this will do any good????

2. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    sounds good to me let me know how it works. me n my buddy went out yesterday to a paylake in lawrencburg indiana called wormies n i tried a few new baits had a couple runs but no hook-ups.

3. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sure no problem ill be glad to post the results after i give it a try.

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    sounds pretty good man. let us know how it works

5. scorpio420

scorpio420 New Member

State:
    ny
    this may cost a little bit but a good sorce of bait is go to your local store and get some squid, whole ones in the freezer box or just ends. leave it in a jar out in the sun for a few good days until nice and ripe. hook it up and cast away. the good part about this is the squid is tough and stays on the hook . i have caught up to 3 cats on the same piece of bait.

6. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    I have heard of this b4. I wanna give squid a good go round here, see how well it works. as for th magic bait an pb, it works for me on occasion. Thing I've noticed is you need to stay original, ALWAYS changeing. what worked this morning may not work tonite, and that goes for ALL fish, cats, bass, crappie........... whatever. cats have bloodhound or shark like noses, so bait doesnt have to smell BAD, just smell. I have also used amino acid pills from GNC, OR ENERGY DRINKS an mixed w/store bought baits an had good results. remember, there is NOT one bait that will consistantly out perform every other bait every day, all day. Always play around, experiment w/new stuff. thats your best weapon.

7. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    sounds crazy to me but give it a try and let us know