My last weekend boatless!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Ol Swampy, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Well this should be my last weekend without a boat.:big_smile_2: I am picking it up Tue. or Wed. next week. This has been a long 6 weeks. The wait is driving me freakin nuts and it gets worse the closer it gets. I just hope everything goes smooth and it gets here on time and without any problems.

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Congrats on the new boat make sure you post lots of new pics!!:smile2:

3. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the new boat Swampy. Let me know if you need anyone to help you break it in:wink:.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Congrats on your new rig. Sooooooo should I take off work tuesday or wednesday?.......

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Glad to hear that Jon, congrats on the new rig.

6. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Congrats on that rig. Couldn't have dreamed up a better Cattin' boat. You have to promise to drag it up to the next meeting so everyone can (or at least me), can see that beautiful vessel in person.

7. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    Good luck with the new boat and remember not to leave your livewell pumps running all night with shad in the tank or your new boat might sink if a shad clogs the drain pipe. :haha:

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I am sending a congratulatory 'gift'.

A brand-spankin' new pair of shadow-grass camo rainpants to match your new rig!:smile2:

It's the least I can do for a fellow brutha!:wink::smile2:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Interesting. I wonder if it looks like the camoflauged Sea Ark that Grumper and Punkin said they were going to pick up in Arkansas this weekend? :smile2::roll_eyes::wink:

Something about a test run, and full Mississippi River functional testing to be concluded before delivery. :eek:oooh:

Dont shoot the messenger :smile2:

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Dang it Cuz that was supposed to be a surprise.:smile2:

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok so what time does OUR new boat get home..

12. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Congrats on the new boat. Hope you enjoy it and catch that big one with it.

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thats going to be one sharp boat with the camo Jon. Break it in with a new PB. Dont store skippies rain pants in the livewell......

14. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Cograts on the new boat hope it work out well for ya.I need to get me one.:smile2:

15. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Enjoy your new boat and be careful and good luck fishing

16. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    That would be fine with me if they picked it up early! Maybe I could get it sooner. Also I have no doubt they could pre-slime it up for me so it is broken in. Steve called last week to rub it in that he was going to see it before me at the dealer's meeting this weekend!

Should take me a day to mount the trolling motor, fish finder and rod holders then off to the river I go. I can see a couple days vacation being burned up this week!:wink:

Thanks for all the well wishes guys and trust me my boat is open to all you guys. I enjoy getting people on fish as much as catching them myself. Not that I'm any good at it though.

Willie,
    I promise we will go out soon. The way this water is going up and down it is just a matter of time before we find some new hot spots to tear them up at and you have the open invite.

17. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I know you'll probably be doing your work during the day, but if you're still mounting that stuff when I get off work, I can give ya a hand. I'll bring the refreshements!:smile2::wink:

18. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Sounds good! It should be Tuesday night or Wed. the way it looks.

19. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    So Jon whats the plan for Saturday night? I've gone downtown to get a ride in one of these boats (and Steve had truck issues), went all the way to Truman (and Steve had a tournament for his daughter to go to) and now I see one will be delivered in the area and was just wondering what I needed to do to get a ride in one. I'm really not that bad of a guest, I offer to help with gas, am big enough to pull any anchor, my net throwing skills are definatly lacking, but I have my own gear, will even bring enough weights for both of us if needed. :wink:

20. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I can vouche for this Mike fellow, he is good people.:wink: