Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my last night on the river for that road trip. The cats were still in full bloom spawn at this time so I was happy to catch anything really, especially since I originally went up that way to fish stripers but hey I like to catch fish so whatever is giving me the most bang for my buck is what I'm gonna chase.

Registered
This was my last night on the river for that road trip. The cats were still in full bloom spawn at this time so I was happy to catch anything really, especially since I originally went up that way to fish stripers but hey I like to catch fish so whatever is giving me the most bang for my buck is what I'm gonna chase.

Mentioned they were in spawn so you were lucky to catch anything. Do they quit biting then? About when does the spawn start and end? maybe that's why things have been so slow here this year. Got the first one last night about 8:45. River was really really high this spring and couldn't get to it. Then it finally settled down and nothing hitting till last night!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mentioned they were in spawn so you were lucky to catch anything. Do they quit biting then? About when does the spawn start and end? maybe that's why things have been so slow here this year. Got the first one last night about 8:45. River was really really high this spring and couldn't get to it. Then it finally settled down and nothing hitting till last night!
Sorry brother it's been a busy week round here.

We can still catch fish during the spawn it's just that it gets difficult catching bigger fish during this time period.

What state are you in? The spawn down here is about 4 to 5 weeks longs with the middle weeks of June being the worst of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts