My last baby moved out of the nest !!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sscharlie, Jun 9, 2009.

1. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Well, my last kid got his own apartment last weekend, My wife and I have had our first week alone in the house now. Sure is quiet now. Still have 3 dog inside with us. Kinda sad about it tho. He's 21 and has a fairly good job with CAT. Oldest is a girl (26) finishing her masters degree this year but has her own place, Son(25) living in Chicago and still has a job if that means anything for the economy. Went through a divorce 13 years ago and kept my kids so I became the chief cook and bottle washer. Re-married 8 years ago to a GREAT woman. All 3 kids consider her their mom. I guess I'm a little more emotional than most guys about them leaving the house for their own life. I know it's part of life but it's still not easy, especially for the last one. All 3 really enjoy going fishing with me. I wish them the best and happiest life. Now, I want some grandkids.

2. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My youngest Daughter starts college in the Fall. It is starting to hit me that she will be grown and gone soon and it makes me sad. Good luck to you and your future.:006:

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    My daughter moved out over 2 years ago to be with her boyfriend, (not happy dad) well we went out on for my birthday and my daughter asked if it would be ok to bring her cat home with here when she moved back, I thought it would be like a month or so thinking she and her boyfriend would work out the problems, that monday i walk into boxes, and a cat wrapping around my leg. I was about to take over that room as my own, so just keep in mind just your door is alway open,

4. sscharlie

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    I've had my two oldest move back in once each but I think there on a good road to making good decisions. I do have both of their cat too..lol Neither one can have pets. Both have had a bad relationship too.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stan you have done a great job raising your family. REps to you. Now its time for another honeymoon. :smile2:

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    nest, huh? you must of had good kids...to me it was more like removing imbedded ticks:eek:oooh:

tweezers (big ones), insect repellent (industrial strength), and changing locks worked for me :smile2:

7. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    LoL You must of told my mom that one, when i turned 18 a LONG time ago i tried going home at 3am lol key didnt work i got the point and headed to key west to find my father :big_smile_2:

8. sscharlie

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    LMAO Phil, I've heard that one from several of my friends. I have to admit I've felt that way before among other things. Do they ever take your advise before moving out???? "They have to make their own mistakes" I think I'm still blue in the face. Does it come off some day?...lol

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Stan! Just a post wishing you and your family the best!! Kids! Yes! They grow up too fast. I have a 3 and 4 year old. Seems like yesterday, I became a father. Know I feel like an OLD FART!!:smile2: LOL! Heck, they're fun!!

10. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Same here Phil, LOL. Im still hiding. :tounge_out:

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'll second that!

12. sscharlie

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Honneymoon ya say...Ah, that was last week! This week I'm going fishing. We did get a used camper so we can start enjoying the nature side of things...LOL