my lake map, any thoughts?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by mactheaxe, Jul 2, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i sketched up the lake i fish in, any thoughts on how they might travel based on the info? it seems they spread out and then bunch up at the dam, im thinkin the waterflow helped by wind bunches up the baitfish and the cats come to feed. whaddaya think? i figured this was the best place to brainstorm. it seems like i answered my own question. specifically when theyre not at the dam, any guesses on where they could go?i wouldve drawn the grass in the lake, but its in like 95% of it so i didnt.

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss199/mactheaxe/map.jpg

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Looks like you're in a good spot there in front of the dam, especially if the wind is blowing that way. There are probably catfish that hang around where the two feeder creeks run into the main creek too. If you don't have a boat, right there in front of the dam looks like the best spot. They should be bunched up in that area through the summer. Maybe. LOL

3. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i have a boat, and that part is the dam is where i find my most action. it seems like it comes and goes though. one day i cant keep em off the hook. then next couple of days, nothin but turtles.

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I don't know how big those 3 creeks are, but there could be some cats where those creeks run into the lake, especially if there's any current there. I'm sure it's shallow there, so the grass, weeds, and moss could be a problem. Should be good in those places right after a rain.