My Lake Greenwood Disaster

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Oct 8, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    oh man where do i start...arrived at the ramp this morning at 6:45 am and put the boat in the water only to find out my cranking battery was dead...so i put the boat back on the trailer using my trolling motor and headed to the greenwood wal-mart...well would'nt you know they did not have the right battery...so i headed back to the lake to see if i could find any boat dealer/repair shops open...it was only about 9:15 so i wasn't sure if they would be open yet but then when i turned the corner and saw there was the world's longest train crossing the road that pretty much gave the boat shops time to open...so after waiting on this train to finish crossing for about 15 to 20 minutes i started hitting the boat dealers and finally on my 3 rd shot i found a guy who had the battery i needed...i installed the battery and tried to trim the motor and yep it was still dead...so i went back inside and told him that the new battery was more dead than my old one...he came out with a tester to find the new battery had no charge...man am i glad i checked before i left...so i put on another new battery and everything was finally a go...i headed back to the lake and put in and had my boat on the water at 11:15 am...went out and caught me some bait for tomorrow to use at hartwell and that was enough for me...oh yeah and on my last cast with the cast net i snagged something on the bottom and tore an unrepairable giant hole in my net...so today i put 195 miles on my truck...spent almost 70 dollars on a new battery that i am charging right now cause it was only at about 70%...spent about 25 to 30 dollars in gas and i have to replace my 40 dollar cast net...all this and i never even put a cat rod in the water.:sad2:

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    man, a little bad luck? sorry to hear it bro. ya win some ya lose some.:smile2:

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I feel your pain brother, i think we've all experienced a bad outing like that at one time or another.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Craig, that really sucks :angry: But better you get your bad luck outta the way now before your trip to the James. What ramp did you launch from?

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I'm sure the next time you hit the water, everthing will be great. More cats than you can handle. :wink:

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    foothills, I hope you never have to go thru that again:crazy:.But if if ya do, swing by the house and grab one of my battery's. Then go lay down the smack on some catfish! You got my number.:wink:

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    The trains in Florida were all like that. I hated living down the road from the tracks. 100 degrees out with no AC waiting on 200 cars to go by. Sorry to hear about your bad day. ...g'luck on the next trip.

8. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i heard that pat...surely i don't want any bad luck at the james:big_smile:...i put in at the state park...twice:sad2:

9. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    So you planning a trip to the James River?

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    When I was younger I had a few days like that. Now I have many more. LOL

11. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    That was a horrible day. I hope you didn't buy any lottery tickets. It really brings back some memories of some of the days I've had on the water. Good luck on your next outting. I'm sure it will be great.

12. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Sorry to hear about your bad day Pat, but look on the bright side it could always be worse. I put in a shortstay 2wks ago started up on plane and POP CLATTER blowen cylinder UNREPAIRABLE!! so as they say some days a better than others. lol !!

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    And they say catching your own bait is free:wink:. Free my left _ _ _ :smile2:.

14. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Dang! Sounds like some ChrisBlue luck or something....

15. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    We all have days like that. Sometimes, the major accomplishment for the day is just getting home in one piece. At any rate, I hope things go better for you next time.

-- Rich