My kids youth hunt it was great!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by stoney, Oct 16, 2006.

1. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    my 11 yr old girl killed her first buck saturday and my 13 yr old killed a nice one sunday..it was a great weekend i'm still pumped up and very proud,there's not a feelin like it in the world to see the look on their faces when that big monster drops.hope to get some pics up soon.....and maybe a small story about their great adventure.........

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good job in passing on the hunt to the younguns we look forward to pics and stories , hurry the suspence will kill us

3. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats Terry on the hunt,I can't wait til youth season here in ohio hopefully my son will get a chance to take a nice one.Hunting with family=priceless!

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Stoney,tell the kids congrats.

5. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    That is absolutly awsome, congatulations to the younguns and the proud dad! Eagerly awaiting pics.

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats to the kids ,sounds like you had a good time too.lets see them pics

7. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Tell the kids congrats on the deers. This is gonna be my kids first year to really hunt. I can't wait!

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Congrats, always good to hear about a kid getting their first deer or buck.

9. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    it is good to know that the hunting tradition is being passed down. Congrats and good luck.

10. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    That's what it's all about.

11. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats great...that is my favorite thing to do when it comes to hunting! Take the youngsters. I don't have kids yet, but when I decide to, I will definately take them out hunting and fishing. As a matte of fact this weekend is the youth duck hunt in MO, A buddy and I are taking 2 youngsters!

12. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Just wanted to say congrats and thanks for sharing the hunting heritage!

13. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congratulations to all of you; You, for sharing & passing on the heritage, & them, for their first deer! Awesome!
    We took our 2 grandsons on the youth hunt last weekend. One of them is 11, the other 12. We didn't see anything Saturday, but Sunday a.m. they both got to see 2 young does. Neither of them could get shot, though. But they enjoyed seeing them. And they're learning patience!
    Ain't it fun??!!

14. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    congrats to them both man, i know how they feel.

15. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats to your kids stoney my son will be hunting in a few years i cant wait an congrats to you to

16. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Congrats & looking forward to seeing the pictures. That's great quality time spent and memories for a lifetime...

17. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here is Stoney's kids deer that they killed this year..

Attached Files:

18. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    Congrats On Two Nice Kills.

19. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Congrats to them both!

20. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    alright heres the story of the 2 best hunts i've ever had and i did'nt even have a gun..lol...it was on a saturday evenining me my 11 yr old daughter and my 13 yr old son,,she was hunting with a 30/30 and his was a 30/06 auto,we sat in this home deer blind i set up the day before because i knew they would get a shot before the day was up,i've been watching these deer for about a week and their pattern had'nt changed so i knew one would get a shot...well after 3hrs of setting and the sun going down quick i was starting to worry so with it getting dark i told them lets go just as we step out of the blind 5 bucks step out of the woods and one was atleast 160 or 170 i told them to be still and dont move we cant go back in the blind at this point,,well i thought they would come straight up the fence roll but they surprised me and went right into the woods just down from us...i told them they would come thru the woods and come out right out on the other side of the fence right in front of us.......well 2 minutes later 2 step out and im looking for the big one but he never showed his self one was a 5 and one was 6,so i started to walk down a little and maybe make some noise to jump the big guy out,but i did'nt get 10 feet when boom was all i heard,i looked around and my daughter had the most crazest look on her face,,,she jumped up and hollered out i got him daddy,i got him,sure enough their he laid on the other side of the fence about 60 yrds from us,it was so intense i felt like i just shot my first deer,,,well my boy was mad he knew that big one was on his way out the same way but did'nt happen...so sunday evening same spot same set up but no deer he was getting pretty upset because he knew his little sister had out done him,he could'nt stand it,,,well we started back to the 4 wheeler when i thought i would look one more time at the wood line were the deer had been coming out,,sure enough their he was scratching his back with his rack looking like the king of the jungle....it was almost dark i mean you could barley see the deer that was out in the field, i tell my boy to set up on him and let it go,,but he could'nt find the deer in the scope it was almost to dark...well the other deer was out in the field and did'nt have the trees to hide them,,,,the big buck which i knew if he did'nt shoot then i would probably never see again this year,i kept tell him, right their right in front of the big tree right their shoot it,,,all he could say was i cant find it in my scope dad,so i looked up and told him to shoot that one right in front of you,so he threw the gun up and let it rip,when the deer dropped i thought he shot the little 5 pointer that was out their but when we got up to it i seen different,it was the best 2 days of hunting i have ever been on,....to see my kids shoot those deer and to hear them brag about for a week was just to much....hope you guys enjoy this story as much as i enjoyed the hunt....