My Kid Has Had High Fever W/ No Symptoms For 4 Days...west Nile???

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by da-cajun-angla, Sep 12, 2006.

1. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Me And My 6 Yr. Old Go Fishing Almost Every Day After Work...at Least 180 Times This Year...he Has Had A Fever Between 99-102.8 From Thursday Till Sunday With No Other Symptoms...we Brought Him To The Doc And He Oh So Elegantly And Informatively Said, "uhhh...must Be A Virus Or Something"...ahh...doctors These Days!!!as*hole!!! So I Asked Him If He Thought We Should Give Him A Blood Test B/c There Has Been Quite A Few Outbreaks Here Lately, And My Kid Is Subject Tp Mosquitos More Than The Average Child Due To All Our Fishing And Hunting Expeditions...and I Know That Most Kids That Get It, Only Get Fever For A Few Days...so Im Naturally Concerned And Curious...all The Off In The World Cannot 100% Stop Mosquitos From Getting U Atleast A Few Times...the Mosquitos Here In Laplace...well...south Louisiana...are Horrible...like Lil 747's That Impale U Even B4 U Get A Chance To Swat Em...im Not Jokin', When We Get Good Winds, It Blows Marsh Mosquitos In, And Boy! U Wouldn't Believe The Size Of These Suckers! They Almost Look Fake...and Hurt! Its Not Like The Little Ones U Can Feel Land On U And Swat Em' B4 They Get U...its Land, Inject, Suck, And Ask Questions Later...lol...i've Bought Everything I Possibly Can From Those Gas Mosquito Repellers To Sprays, To Bug Buttons, To Sss...and Theres Not Much We Can Do Here, But Move, To Get Away From Em'. Oh...by The Way, Laplace Is Like 15 Min Away From N.o. La...
    Shaun

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I sure hope not brother, prayers are sent.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    You do not have to take one doctor's opinion. If you are concerned, take him to another doctor. I get a bit worried when anyone's fever lasts more than a couple of days, though I've had low grade ones that lasted for long periods of time. Mono is another possibility, thought that often includes swollen glands. Had that when 11 and spent three weeks in the hospital with off and on fevers of up to 104. But, that was years ago, so treatments were different.

4. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I'm not a doctor but have had a few years experience with kids and the temps you mentioned are not unusual for children of that age. They normally run higher without any problems. Causes ????????. It's just children have a higher temp than adults. We all understand your concern.

5. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    My daughter had a fever and her joints hurt last year they never did know what caused it she was in hospital for two days I thought it was west nile but they never would test her for it.I learned that doctor will not take suggestions there afraid you will be right.

6. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    sorry to here that shaun best of luck to her.

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Sorry to hear the news my prayers are with Your Son:confused2:

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Hope he gets to feeling better

9. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    prayers sent from the buckeye state

10. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    your all in our thoughts , I'm sure it will all be alright.

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You have a right to know about your child. I would bug the livin daylights out of him until he agreed to run the test once I found out then I would probably fire the doctor and get a new one. Just because they have MD or DO on their name tag does not mean they are truly concerned just my opinion------------pk powell:smile2:

12. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Prayers sent from ky.