My husband and I started Weight Watchers today May 29TH

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, May 29, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We both need badly to lose weight! I have been going to a Chiropractor ever since we got home from the Missouri Gathering,and as you all that were there know I was using walking sticks to get around.I have a problem with my right Sacrailliac joint and it's the culprit that is causing me to have walking problems.I am no longer using the walking sticks but if I'm touched there it really hurts.So Doctor David has really been popping and cracking on me,wants to see me two more times and if I'm still complaining he will have the doctor that he practices with use Acupuncture on me.Doctor David says there are muscular places on my right side that for some reason are extremely tight to the point he can't hardly believe it.So Steve and I went and weighed in and we got started.He is going to walk and I will continue with Curves.So I hope I can get this weight off.My Blood pressure this morning was 154/96 and thats with Blood Pressure Medication.I truly don't want to lose my health so anyone who wants to be in my support group is most welcome. Trust me I need all the support I can get.I will keep posted my progress monthly! :big_smile:

2. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Mrs. Pat,
    I wish the both of you the absolute best of luck with it. The older we get...the older we get..and with that, weight is harder and harder to lose. Im with ya on this. :wink:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats, how has your first month been?? :big_smile:

Today is May 29th.

Good luck on your weight loss Pat.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Best of luck Pat.

I've had to diet most of my life to keep my weight normal. My mother was overweight most of her life. She lived to be 93.

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Good luck on your weight loss. I need to do that too

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat good luck on your weight loss. Don't over do it. Remember if you get to thin those Missouri winds will blow you around. :wink:

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm gonna be totally honest here! You guys are the sweetest people and you all really do feel like my blood family! Ya know this is my humble opinion but to me as far as weight goes it's very uncomfortable when you just don't feel good in your clothes,when you just rather have a night gown on. Guys this is a first for me. I gotta say it's humilitating and I hate it! Good Grief I'm only 48 and lots of folks have said I'm just a kid yet.Honestly inside I feel like I'm just a kid.Being a wife and mother ya know we always put our family first and we kinda let ourselves go or that's the case with me I think.I've always been so busy running my kids to the doctors,my oldest one unfortuantly is Bipolar and my youngest onewell.........she has kept me on my toes let me tell ya.She has been in and out of the hospital ever since she was 9 months old.She keeps coming up with these mysterious illnesses that no one can tell me what on earth is going on.When she was 5 yrs old,she collassapsed on my kitchen floor severe stomach pain rushed her to the hospital thought she had apendasitus,no the lining of her abdominal cavity was full of infection.Don't know today how that happened but it could've killed her easily had we not got to hospital right away,then when we were in Nebraska she had another episode finally took her to the ER(I waited cause she just said her stomach hurt) I didn't want to appear like I was a crazy person so finally take her to ER and they did Blood Work.I'm setting there with her Daddy reading the Sunday Paper waiting for results,when Doctor comes in and he was actually scared.He looks at me and says Mam your daughter's Liver enzymes are through the Ceiling,I dropped the paper and said"Oh My God" what is wrong with her,so another hospital stay,once again never got an explanation they thought she may have contracted Hepatitus but it was negative.Then of course when she was in 5TH grade over Christmas Break she took another Spell and off to the ER we go this time Chronic Pancreatitus.She spent 2/3RD's of her 5Th grade year in school in hospital we just a few weeks ago finally were told she no longer has it.My job of being a Mother I wouldn't trade for all the Gold in Fort Knox but I really do believe that we women are the care takers of the home and when things become hectic we just let ourselves go.So today I have started a journey with my husband to lose this excessive baggage I carry around I want it off of me and God Willing it will come off of me! Thanks for letting me bend your ear family.If every single person on this board could all go to the national Gathering and really spend time with each other my opinion it would be fantastic.I personally feel it needs to be longer than 3 days though I feel like we all need time to kinda get to know who we talk to on line. Hopefully We will all meet each other one day! I think you're all lovely people!!:big_smile_2::big_smile_2:

8. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    good luck with ur goal sis!

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck Pat! Try to include some excercise in your program and you will be seeing results in no time!:smile2:

10. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    good luck remember just a little at a time.Im a foodaholic and lazy my hats off to ya

11. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Pat good luck on your weight loss. READ BELOW

P.S am Able to walk a mile now :D

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I wish you and Steve the best of luck! I'll keep you all in my prayers and I have faith you all can do it! :wink:

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Now READ below lol want you to read my bible verse

14. Tala

Tala Guest

Weight Watchers is a very good program. I know a couple of people who have had great success with their weight loss, on this plan. You and your husband can do the same! I wish you both the best of luck.

15. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    That's great Pat,I Know You can Do it.Congrat's Your Friend J.D.

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Just hang in there and you'll soon be seeing a difference. Shucks next time I see you all I probably won't even know you. Steve will be running every where and you'll be thin as your two daughters are.:wink:
    JUST DON"T GIVE UP>