My how time flys

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Feb 1, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got a phone call from my 19 year old son telling me he is going to be a father.

It seems like such a short time ago when I was holding him in the delivery room......Then as he was getting older like 4, taking him fishing and hunting:big_smile:

Watching him catch his first flathead, was a thrill I will never forget.

When he became a teenager and found other interest I was sad, but realized he was growing up...Never take for granted one moment you get to spend with your children, as they grow up way to fast....Below is a picture of him with his first flathead.

Attached Files:

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    you know, it seems like yesterday that i was still in high school and had no real future. now, here i am,8 years later and a SSgt in the USMC. congratulations on your good fortune and now you get to teach that Granbaby how to catch big old cats.

3. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congratulations bro.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jack, congratulations on your new grandchild to be and thanks for the picture.

I know all about that, "how time flies". :big_smile:

5. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congrats Granpa Jack and i could not have said it better about the time you have with your children cherrish every moment.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have another son who is only 9 months old, my grandchild is going to be almost as old as my other son:wink:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Wow Jack, now you're gonna have TWO young 'uns to introduce to the catfishin' world. Logan's going to become an uncle at a young age :big_smile:.

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67601

Congratulations GRAMPS!!! :wink:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the son and grandson Jack :cool2:. Hopefully your oldest son will carry on the tradition of getting his son involved in the outdoors. Just protect them from mellon as best you can:eek:oooh::smile2: j/k H2O.

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I'm confused :eek:oooh:I thought MELLON was your son!!!!!!!:smile2:I always tell proud new parents this;"I know you wont believe this but in what will seem like two blinks of your eye this baby will be graduating from High School and setting out on his/her own so relish every moment including the bad ones"!!!!Then I give them the phone number of a slave trader I know,just in case they change their minds when the kids become teenagers and know everything.:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:Congratulations I think!!!!!!!!!!They do make good anchor pullers though.:wink:

10. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Congrats. on the new grandkid on the way

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Good Luck to your son and congrats on the grand baby on the way. I know what ya mean, they sometimes drive you crazy growing up but you hate to see them go. My oldest moved to Ohio this year to go to diesel mechanic school, my second oldest(16) has become more interested lately in friends(specifically girls :roll_eyes:) than going out fishing. Still have the youngest (10) to enjoy for a few years before he's on his way in life. Wish they didn't have to grow up.:sad2:

12. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Congrats Grandpa Jack, if it is a boy, then you may ask your son and grandson to go flathead fishing.

:big_smile:

13. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro

And if it's a GIRL??? Harumph!

j/k Congrats Grandpa!

14. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congratulations!
    I can tell ya this, Grandkids are muuuucccchhhh more fun than your own kids!
    However, in your circumstances (having a baby at home) it might be a little trying. I can hardly keep up with one.:eek:oooh:

I guess I too will find out how hard it is to chase 2. My oldest son and his wife are pregnant again. We are hoping for a girl this time.:big_smile:

15. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Yes laura, if it's a girl she should not be left out of the fishing either.
    :big_smile:

16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congratulations!I know what you mean by time flying. My dad always talked about having grandkids. Unfortunately he passed away in 2006 and was never blessed with that opportunity.He was only 49 years old and meant everything to me. I am glad that I fished with him as much as I did while I was in my teens because Ill never have that chance again.I was only 21 when he died.Life is precious and very unpredictable so saok in all you can while you can. Again congratultions to you and your family.

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :smile2: :crazy: :smile2: :roll_eyes: Now that is just downright funny! :smile2:

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Grandpa Jack! :cool2: Sounds like you will have plenty of fishing partners for the future! :big_smile:

19. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Congratulation Grandpaw Jack and Daddy Steven on the new Baby!
    Thanks for Sharing!

20. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    My daughter is 3 years old and I have a granddaughter that is 5 months younger than her to the day. :big_smile: