My homemade Bait tank!

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by armyhooah, Jun 30, 2009.

1. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    This is a working freezer and a pool pump and filter from the pool I just tore down in the back yard.

What do you all think?

Attached Files:

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Should work great, let us know how it does.

3. redandwhite

redandwhite New Member

State:
    grand rapids,michigan
    that is awsome-what do you use it for.what kind of bait? how long can you keep bait alive?:big_smile:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing Branden. Looks good. Reps for the idea.

5. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Right now I have one Izzy and four Gills.

I just got it finished today. Before I had a sump pump in the bottom and was changing the water every other day. Had three Izzy's and three Goldfish alive for over 6 weeks. They finally died when I let the water temp get to low. The freezer works a little to good.

6. redandwhite

redandwhite New Member

State:
    grand rapids,michigan
    hey brandon,how much did spend to get your bait tank setup running?:big_smile:

7. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Nothing. It was all around the house for me to use.

If I would have had to buy everything except the freezer, around 300-400 bucks.

We just took down our pool. What else am I going to do with a pump and filter with no pool....BAIT...lol.

8. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    you could try putting the freezer on a timer so it doesnt have a chance to get so cold. Get one from home depot or lowes used for sprinkler pumps. It would take a bit of trial and error but should work good. It looks awesome!

9. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    i live an hour or two from the fishing grounds but i always have bait left ovwer at the end of a trip. it makes sense to bring them home and take em out next trip, have a head start on bait situ
    nice setup,top notch

10. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    that looks like it'd work better than ANY aerator that you can buy at bass pro.

11. goneflatheadin

goneflatheadin New Member

State:
    cullman al
    Looks good , I added a air strip to mine last week, I still have not lost a single fish, i love mine.

12. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    I just lost an Izzy that was in the tank for six weeks. That fish went through hell, it froze and got really hot. Live through nasty water and tap water. God Bless that Izzy....LOL.

I know have two dozen gills and two dozen minnows.