My home

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Jun 9, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have been working on my home for the past two months to repair the damage we recieved in a twister. and I would like to tell all of my BOC friends that I was blessed this morning with three people to help me finish the roofing which i started on Wed. and had no help to finish after the two young men i hired stripped it they didnt show , so i was frieking out. my boss called yesterday morning and asked how far along i had gotten and after i told him what happened he said Get everything ready and we'll come felt it this morning. So after that I went to work and worked till 6 pm last evening as i was so worn out i told my son , if you know anyone I could get to help with this roof i need them in the morning . he said he had promised a friend he would build febce so i was thinking that was the end of it. this morning my son, theguy he was hired to build fence , and one of the guys i work with showed up with a compresser , nail gun and a willingness to get something done. we started at 8 am and FINISHED the roof at 12 noonim now finished on the outside , and i can take a few days off before starting the inside work, where the ac is.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hats off to your boy. He got ya! LOL! Glad it worked out for ya.

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Glad to hear you got some help!!!! I havent seen ya on much, so i kinda figured you were burning the candle at both ends. hopefully soon youll be done and can relax a little. Thats a couple of nice birds ya got there Rich!!!!

4. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    richard, that is wonderful that they stepped up like that. kinda makes ya heart swell dont it? You deserve to have some peace of mind and rest since you have been workin so hard on it. God works in mysterious ways.....you are lucky to have such a wonderful thoughtful son. god bless you.

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank Goodness your son and your Boss came through for ya! I know that's a load off your mind and shoulders.:big_smile:

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like a great son, hope ya get to do some fishing soon.

7. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TWISTER,GLAD TO SEE THAT THERE ARE STILL GOOD PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD THAT WILL JUMP IN AND HELP A PERSON WHEN NEEDED

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    There is a few left in this old world.Just hard to find.Seems everyone is afarid to help out anymore. Good to hear you got the roof done. Now kick back and relax awhile. Sounds like you and everyone involved deserves some R&R.

9. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Rich I'm glad you got some help and was able to get some work done. I hope everything else turns out ok.

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I hope all is well. Glad you got your roof fix. Hope the inside is not to bad.