My health

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Jul 8, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well I went to my DR. on friday and recieved some great news; She sait my Cholestorol is donw to a perfect level and lowered my dosage on my meds and myBlood Pressure is very good ,I may be able to completelt quit all my meds. in a few monthe ......YEE HAW..She also told me I was a model patient for all her patients wit high bp and chlosterol. This has been a very hard row to hoe for me as I hate DRs ,I hate taking any meds ,hell I wont even take an asprin less I have a hell of a headache,and I really hate needles. I have made a whole bunch of changes in my lifestyle to do this also ,I have started eating considerably less, exercisizing a bit more ,changing the way we cook our food, taking a few daily vitimans and suppliments ,and NEARLY completelystopping eating potatoes[that was the hardest ]and white bread, but my health was more important so I COWBOYED UP. Since I am adopted I know nothing of my family health and I dont want to have a heart attack if I can prevent it I havent finished my life .

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nothing like having one's health! Life is very depressing as I have been given to understand if you no longer have it!---------Sister Pat:big_smile::cool2:

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Since you're adopted, it makes sense you've adopted a new and healthier lifestyle:big_smile: Keep up the good work, the alternative may not be all that great...:smile2:

~~~~~~~~~~
    Man and the turtle are very much alike. Neither makes any progress without sticking his neck out.

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You indicate your birthday as 1961. You are a young man. What you have done will almost certainly ensure you a much longer crack at the world. Get so healthy you don't even have to go close to those Dr's. All of us wish we could do things a little better-you have done it.

5. SassyManxLady

SassyManxLady New Member

State:
    MO
    Hey Buddy,
    That is GREAT news!!!
    Glad you were able to do as the doctor said and get things under controll. Hang in there Buddy, you can continue to do it. :wink:

Sassy

<<<<<Does the Hokey Pokey for Richard and his great report>>>>>>>>

6. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    sounds great richard, im so proud of and for you. we are on the same path with hershells health, we have changed our cooking methods and his supplement intake and exercise routines....i hope he has as good results from it as you have...keep up the good work.

<<<<<joins sassy in the hokey pokey dance for richards success>>>>>:tounge_out:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Richard that is good news. Glad things are looking up for you. You will soon be given those catfish, in your area, a hard way to go. I'm proud for you and I know you feel beter.:big_smile:

8. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congratulations on the wonderful report, Richard... you've done a great job, brother, and that takes alot of consistency and guts! Thanks for sharin the super news and for bein an inspiration to all of us :smile2:

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go Richard, my hats off to ya Wish i had a little more will power when it comes to watching what i eat!!

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Great news, eating healthy and exercising has its rewards, congratulations

11. Tala

Tala Guest

Great job Richard. You should be very proud of the changes you made. Keep up the good work!

12. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Richard, glad to hear your good report. Sounds like you have made some big changes and they have paid off. Good luck with maintaining your health.

13. JenJen

JenJen New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Way to go! That is really very impressive. There are several life changes that I should make, changes that I know would make me a healthier and, in the long run, happier person, but somehow I got short-changed on my will-power allotment. :embarassed:

My mother has had heart disease, and I've watched her struggle with her diet and daily exercise. My father has a terrible diet - one that, according to the doctors, should have killed him years ago. He likes everything as deeply fried as you can get it.

Especially since the heart disease, my mother has been on his case to change in a seriously constant way. You can probably imagine her reaction when she finally manages to get him to the doctor to have things checked out, and everything comes back squeaky clean. The doctor even said, in front of my mom, "I don't know what you're doing, but keep it up!"

So you're quite right. Genetics play a huge part in your health. My mother, who has always watched what she ate and walked three miles every day, ended up with heart disease, but my dad is in perfect health - and his idea of "moving" is giving the porch swing a little push while he watches the world go by. Here's hoping that I win that genetic coin-toss!

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Wow, Richard! Attaboys to you! I'm in the same boat, but I just can't give up the 'taters and bread. My love of them will probably kill me, but hey, everyone has to die of something, right? At least I'll die happy. Mom is 88 and has had high cholesterol for years. Her DR. took her off of the meds, said she has lived this long and must be one of those people that it doesn't bother. So all I can do is hope, I'm like that too.

Way to go and keep up the good work!

Take care.
    Cheryl