My Grandsons first

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Flamekeeper, May 26, 2008.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Well I had one of the best days in my life today,with my 4 yr old grandson Gavin.We went to a farm pond today ,ready to catch some cats on his new rod PAPAW built,along with his new green abu:wink:

I left my Camcorder/camera at home but I got pics as soon as I got back...

We got set up and was using dough ball made of dogfood/wheaties..set out 2 poles and I started fishing for Bluegills and was catching them on every cast,almost hand-size everyone of them..as Gavin was pithing the gills in the basket I seen his float cock sideways and I said come and get your pole a catfish is about to get it,then Bam it took off.I set the hook and give it to the rightful owner,,Gavin LOL..:wink:He set down between my legs as the fish fought hard. He was holding on tight as His White knuckled hands were holding on the for grip and turning the handle as the fish spooled line off the reel..Bros I was pumping him up every step of the way..:smile2:.

About 5 min of pure fish fighting my grandson pulled him up on the bank and was staring at a 5+# 27" channel, eyes big as silver dollars and a smile the would bring tears to your eyes,,Bros I was so proud of how he listened and fought that fish, I thought it was going to pull him in a couple of times, but he held on and won the battle..

He caught 1 more smaller channel and the rest of the day helped me load the bluegills in the basket.. All together we ended up with 3 bass, 3 channels, and about 30-40 bluegills..

Here are some pics of My grandson and his pole and the fish..:smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

2. vtjefferson

vtjefferson New Member

State:
    IA
    thats just to cool congrades

3. vtjefferson

vtjefferson New Member

State:
    IA
    ill bet hes happy and will rember it for the rest of his life

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Here a couple more of the trip..Man we had a blast..:smile2:

Attached Files:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Priceless indeed. LOL! Thanx for sharein the pics and story.

6. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Congrads to the grandson and you!! I know how you feel because my son just caught his pb channel the other day and i was the proudest dad in the world!! keep the little man on the water!!

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Cherish the moment and memories.Congrats and i bet he's ready for round 2.

8. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    congrat to Gavin nice fish:big_smile:

9. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    thats cool.i cant wait to take my grandson

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats Kenny and to your grandson. I'll bet he was really thrilled to catch his first catfish. Has to be a sweet feeling to see your grandson catch his first, on a rod you built for him. That's Cool!! Thanks for the pics. I'll be sure to post my son's first catch when he's a little older. For right now he's satisfied seeing that cats daddy catches. I believe he's hooked!! COOL!!:wink::big_smile::0a31:

11. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    thats cool.congrats to him.nice fish for a first

12. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    What a fish--what a story--and what a grin!!Give that fisherman a hug for me will ya'??

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats to you and your Grandson. and nice pictures.

14. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats Awesome.What a nice channel for him too. Glad you took the time to take him with you, he will never forget that; I promise.

15. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    great post nice fish those times are special rick