My Grandpa's boat

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bigzurn08, Jan 25, 2009.

1. bigzurn08

bigzurn08 New Member

State:
    Texas
    What would you do..
    If you had a young man approach you one day and tell you;
    "Sir, I'm sorry to interupt you but, My name is Jordan, by any chance do you still have the boat you bought from Mr. J?" "Yes, I do. Why?"
    " Well sir, my Grandfather sold that boat to Mr. J about 18mos ago, Would you consider selling it?"

He said " Yeah, I'll sell it to you." looked at me and smiled, " I'll take Forty-Five Hundred dollars for it."

The boat is a 1993 AlumaWeld 15.5' 46'' all welded. Had a 2004 Yamaha 15hp 4-stroke and a used trailer. The set up is worth about $3,000 That would be a sensible amount for my budget.

I'm 18, I was three when my grandfather bought it new at Shipps Marine. I remember every fishing trip, every outboard, every replacement fuel line, drain-plug, Most of the hundreds of fish we caught, And all of the Good Times.
    Thank you for reading this I'm just a little bummed out about it.
    Everyone have fun be safe

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey, Jordan,

Well, I just hope that guy's heart gets softened and he has a change of mind about the boat. You said it's worth about $3 K... do you know what he paid your grandpa for it 18 mos ago? I mean, if he hasn't done any improvements to it, then I hope he'll be reasonable.

Carolyn

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hope you get the boat back.

Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people

4. bigzurn08

bigzurn08 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thank You, I gave him my number if he ever decides to sell it.
    My Grandfather sold it to an elderly gentleman, Mr. J for $2,800. He enjoyed it and when I talked to him spoke well of it and my grandfather, he unfortunately had a stroke on the water and thats when he sold it to this guy. I don't know what he paid though.
    But I appreciate everyone's support, sometime in the future who knows.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the interesting post. Welcome to the BOC.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jordan, welcome to the BOC/SOC. Good luck on getting your grandpa's boat back. If you can find out what the guy gave for it then I would offer him his money back just because it was your grandpa's. Unless he is a total jerk then he will sell it for what he has in it.

7. bigzurn08

bigzurn08 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The boat/motor/trailer are exactly as it's been since June of 05 when we put the 15hp yamaha on.