my grandma

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by catfishbrett, Jul 14, 2008.

1. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    its been along night so forgive me if i mis-spell a few words.

most of the ohio guys know that i have been taking care of my grandmother (who raised me) the last couple of months.over the last few years we have battled 5 rounds of colen cancer. well they found a few spots are her liver that they said were "shawdows" and were nothing to worry about. come to find out those "shawdows" were cancer and now it has spread to her colon,liver,kidneys and lungs. they gave her only a few months to live but with kemo it may be alittle longer. so she chose to go with the kemo

well after a month of kemo her white bloodcells have droped so low that they think she has an infection that has spread from her kidneys to her blood. "ceptic shock" is what they think it is, so all of last night she spent fighting for her life. her blood pressure has dropped way to low and she is on two meds trying to keep them stable and she is not able to breath out the carbon dioxide in her lungs.

right now she is still fighting to stay alive,we dont know if she will make it another night. they say if she hangs on she might be able to come out of it. i know with all that cancer in her body that even if she does come out off this ceptic shock that she may not have to long left.

but what i'm asking for is that if she has to go right now if you all will pray she goes easy and not have a hard time. if its not to much trouble can you put catfish brett's grandma in your prayers tonight

i know i prob didn't explain all this right, sorry

thanks -catfish brett

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Prayers are sent for You, Your Grandma & Your Family from KY!!!

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Brett you explained it just fine.Will say Prayers for your Grandma and for you .I know it has to be hard on you also with her raising you and all. Just stay strong and all you can do is put it in God's hands. Doctors can do what ever but the good Lord has the most power. God Bless and keep us updated if possible.

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Brett you did just fine with that explanation.

My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to you, your grandma and any other family & friends affected by this.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Brett,
    My prayers go out to your grandmother as well as the rest of your family. May the Lord bless and keep you all strong in your faith and may He bless you all with as little suffering as possible as you go through this time. Amen.

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Brett, very sorry to hear about your Grandmother, I wish her all the luck in the world.:0a32::0a32:

Jaime

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey buddy.....you have my thoughts and prayers coming from NC for your grandmother, and for you to have the necessary strength and peace of mind to deal with whatever may come.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brett Prayers are sent for your Grandmother and your family. God still hears and answers prayers.

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers sent from Nevada.

10. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    prayers sent for your grandmom and you
    Jim

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Brett, prayer for you and your grandmother. Cancer is an awful thing and i pray the woman doesn't suffer.

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Prayers sent,Brett. I just lost an uncle from Hepetoma. I know what you're goin through.

13. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    Bret prayers sent ur way i know what ur going thru i just lost my mother 3 months ago with the same thing god bless

14. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    thanks everyone for all your prayers,

my grandmother is doing alot better,they have taken her off all of her heart meds so her heart is doing all the work by it's self and she is staying stable.her lungs however are still having a hard time getting the carbon dioxide out,so she still has to wear that mask a few times aday.

her kidneys are working alittle bit and the doctors are shocked they didn't think they would come back,so thats a good sign.her blood suger is 500 but thats because of some meds.she is up and has been talking,but she is out of it most times not knowing what she saying and making things up. this may be from the meds they have her on some pretty strong nerv pills to calm her down (they also knock her out so she's alseep most of the time),that mask really scares her (they said it feels like your choaking to death)

the doctors are gonna wait a few days to see how much better she gets befor they see if the cancer has spread to her brain. we are hoping its the meds making her talk crazy,so please keep praying for that

she is still in the critical care unit and they are gonna keep her there for a few more days to make sure everything is gonna stay positive.

thanks again for all your prayers. i will keep you updated

also she is only a few days away from her 65th birthday

15. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    I am sorry I just read the post. I have sent prayers your way. I too had to watch my loving grandmother fight cancer and can only say, that my thoughts will be with you often. Please do keep us posted.

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Our prayers go out to you and your family/grandmother, God Bless

17. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Your a good man Brett..Just give grandma a hug a kiss and tell her you love her ..that should lift her spirt's up ..Are God is a Great God...I pray for you and her now that she will come thru this .

18. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Brett, your grandmother, your family, and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

19. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    prayers sent to you and your family from Nebraska

20. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    My thoughts and prayers for you and your Grandmother!!