My Friend

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fwmud, Oct 28, 2005.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    So many people use this word far more often than me. Maybe it could be attributed to a lot of things,but, i'd have to say,it's just for lack of knowing.
    Who's my friend? Thats an easy one to answer. I've had very few over my 40 years.In fact i could count them on both hands.
    One sticks out above the rest. They've been with me for years. Sometimes out of comfort,I tend to forget.It's not a sign of ungratefulness but because like myself, they've been with me for so long.
    Over the years this friend has seen me have my exteame ups as well as downs. they never faultered in their support, never lost faith in me. If faith was lost,it was only an instant. Even when I was at fault,or just plain majorly screwed up, they were there to help pick me up.in times of my upper highs, they kept my head out of the clouds and brought me back down to earth.
    My life has many people I refer to as buddies or just plain "a person I know".Why? I bestow the title of "friend" on very few. Am I that upity that I consider myself above their friendship? Heavens no. I just have lofty requirements to obtain the title "friend". Thats all.
    A freind will not desert you in the face of overwelming odds. They will stand with you when others run.Your mistake or not, they will not leave to your own demise. They stand! As long as you have one,you're never truely ever alone,even when apart.
    Who is this well heralded person? On who is bestowed this title? Who you may ask,can stand and have such high honour thrown at them?
    Easy.

Do a search on this board under Members. type in the screen name "shorte'
    Thats who you'll find,my best friend, my wife.She's all the above and so much more than I am able to put into words.I do not have that gift to explain into words how much she has changed me and my life. I was on a self-destruct course when she met me. Somehow she saw something no one else did. And trust me, I thank God everyday for her to bless into my life. Sometimes I think it was a curse to her as to me it was a blessing. I use songs a lot,being others are better in putting things into words than I am,so hers an exerpt from John Michael Montgomery;

"When I feel like giving up, cause I'm having my doubts, she tells me just look at how far I've gone."

I can never tell her enough or often enough,
    Honey, without you I'm nothing. I am what is worth having and a better person, just because of you.
    I love you honey.

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Very well worded. I bet your wife feels the same about you.... I too a a great wife and I am gonna show her what you wrote.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nice post Keith. What did you do wrong? LOL!

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Gret Post Keith!!!

She was standing behind you when you typed that one up HUH, LOL :D :D !!!

I feel the same way about my wife!

5. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

well put KEITH the wife should be your BEST FRIEND if she is not there is
    a big problem with the marriage,i feel blessed to have the one i have,she
    is my best friend as well as my fishing partner,we would step in front of
    a gun for each other,if that does not explain BEST FRIEND,i dont know
    any other terms to use. :wub:
    KIRK :)

6. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Leave it to two of my favorite ole coots on here! yea thats you JW and george.ROFLOL!
    In reality,shes was out
    with her friend getting things for my baby girls birthday party today.
    Course you two will always give me a good laugh.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Why Mr. Sword. Flattery will get you no where. LOL! It was a good post.

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Keith seeing you two at the ga gathering you can see the special relationship between you great tribute to shorte looking forward to next time we meet. are you coming to the ga gathering this year? :cool:

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    blatant BASSKISSIN plain and simple !
    but hey ,why not ?......your married to her.:p

10. quadman

quadman New Member

State:
    Danville, Virginia
    WOW! What have you guys done this week! I mean whats with all of the sappiness now? I know the deer rut is in but had no idea it had spilled over to human males! Whatever you guys have done I hope your significant others forgive you after they read this stuff! You guys need a tissue? :p

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that's what i think, DRC. i bet she sees it...what the heck, it's gotta be good for keiths favorite meal :D

your good friend will bail you out of jail...your best friend is sitting next to you in the cell :p

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Keith, Great post! Shorte needs to post more. I loved her post about more women fishing. Of course, she may be doing more fishing than posting and she's probably ahead of alot of us that hang around here and post, so that is a compliment to her. (or you just hog the computer....LOL....joking)

Your other half SHOULD be your best friend and top priority on your list. If they fall down in that list, then there is some work required to mend it, BUT it's well worth it in the end. We all take things for granted in life and have to learn that just because someone has been there we still have to nurture that person to maintain the relationship and grow even stronger.

You spoke from the heart and did it very well. It is refreshing to see that love is alive and well here on the board. For to love others, you first have to love what you are as a person. That tells me that there are some good people here and I am humbled to have found them.

I too utilize songs, as there are so many great artists out there and no matter how you are feeling, you can find one to fit your mood or say what you need to say to someone else. LOL, just ask Swampy, how many lyrics he has received over the past 5 years.

Thanks for such a refreshing post and go hug Shorte for us! Hugs are good things. They relieve stress, lower blood pressure and besides that they just feel good!

P.S. Sappiness is a positive thing. Negativity brings everyone down. Flip the coin and try sappiness for a day. See if you don't feel better about yourself and life in general. In other words, be happy. Clean out the cobwebs, let them go and BE HAPPY. Life is too short for keeping it inside or being negative. :know-big: :happ-big: :0a26:

13. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Dude What's up with you? I really don't think it's us that has to worry about a significant other forgiving us.

Give sappiness a try,you may like it.

14. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    FwMud GOOD POST!

15. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    A good friend will loan you money but a great friend will help you hide the body.

16. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Oh misguided daryll and phill,
    The good meals you spoke of are 99% of the time cooked by me!
    Naw not whipped, just love to cook. I hate to clean,but, she loves it,and decorate.it's a simple tradeoff. i get to do what I love,she gets to do what she loves,easy.
    Now,go clean your room! :p

17. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Keith you do have a way with the words there bro. And I am very sure Tammy fills the same way.

18. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

KEITH
    i can not call you friend,the only things i know about you is what i read
    when you post things about whats going on in your life at this time like
    losing a job and other things i dont know about.now i dont want you to
    take this the wrong way and i am not a doctor.well here goes,at age 61
    i caught my self being short with customers and people in general,i said
    something to my wife about it and she told me i was getting depresed and
    she was going to call my doctor so the 3 of us could have a good set down
    and talk,the doctor said susan had told him that i was becoming very moody
    so he asked me if i was deppresed,itold him i did not fully understand that
    word,so i told him that if working 15 to18 hours a day and coming home
    to a wife who has lupas and a little heart problem,along with dealing with
    the public,throw in things that happen in every day life,if that is what
    you call deppresion,well i must have it bad.i asked him what are we going
    to do about this problem?he replied i am going to give you a perscription
    that will take care of it,aslo told me it would up set my stomach for a week
    or 2 well i wont name the pill but in about 3 weeks things started back to
    normal feeling 10 ft tall and not worring about any thing,i am know almost
    66 and for the most part feel fine.im not telling you to go get a pill but it
    did work in my case.hope this may help you some,if not it does help me
    to talk about it. :)
    GOOD LUCK
    KIRK :D

19. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Nope no depression here at all.The job thing was because my former boss fell off his nut.
    My post was simply about how i feel that a spouse should be.
    I've always lived my the saying, "Look on the bright side,It could always get worse."
    Drugs are the last thing on my mind.
    Only time I get truely depressed is when I see my paycheck! LOL
    Naw, life is good here. I've a lot worse before and everyday just keeps gettin better.
    I'm back at a job I enjoy and the pay is better than my last,so , to me , thats a double positive.

20. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

glad to here that you are looking on the bright side,after a while i quit the
    pill,stepped back and took a good look at my life,and convinced my self
    im ok lots of folks are worse off than i was.keep that positive attiude.
    GOOD LUCK &GOOD HEALTH
    KIRK :D