My Friday and Sunday catch

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by roanmtnman, Aug 2, 2009.

1. roanmtnman

roanmtnman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Went fishing this Friday over at
    Rogersville below the john sevier steam plant. Had planned on camping but with all the rain we decided to fish for the night. Caught 4 catfish and one carp. Caught 3 of the catfish on chicken liver and the other catfish and carp on worms. We were doing pretty good till they started letting more water out or something cause the current picked up quite a bit and the water got pretty cold. As soon as this happened the fish must have went to bed lol cause we stopped getting any bites.
    Tonight talked the wife into going with me over to Watuga Lake and fished for about 3 hours caught 3 more catfish one a nice 26 inch channel cat. The two biggest fish were caught on liver the other was on worms.
    So all in all not a bad weekend of fishing with all the rain we had!

2. Greasy Ham

Greasy Ham New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cool. Congrats on the catch. I caught 2 itty bitty fish this weekend.:sad2:

3. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    Sounds like some good fishin! We had 10 last night with about a 4 lb avg. on the trot lines

4. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    That rain must has slowed all fish down went saturday night around 6 til 1 and caught one 2lb bule on liver nothing on the cut bait. Now we got some good hits on the bait just nothing after the first one. good job on your fish.

5. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like you had a good weekend. Keep up the good reports.

6. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Brian welcome to the BOC and glad you have joined us here. It is good that your wife went fishing with you. My wife goes with me now and it has been great spending time on the lake with her. She loses intrest fairly quickly when they aren't hitting, but we are together enjoying every minute out there.

If I can make one suggestion read everything you can find here that interests you. I have learned so much here and there is so much more to learn. The folks here are great and all you have to do is ask a question and someone will respond.

I have been around here for a long time and have spent many nights reading and reading.

Again Welcome my brother.

7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Brian. Where abouts in TN do you live and fish? I live in woodlawn and fish the Cumberland river.

8. roanmtnman

roanmtnman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I live in Roan Mtn near the nc line. Hope to go fishing tonight , maybe ill catch a few!