My flathead carp head rig

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by AZflats, Mar 3, 2009.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I was pretty caffeinated last Sunday morning sitting on my boat with only my thoughts. I was waiting for a bite when I made this rig for using two carp heads at the same time.. Later that morning when I reeled it back in I was wondering what the heck I was thinking.. But hell, seems like a good rig to me.. WHAT DO YOU THINK!!??

** In case you were wondering, It is two 10/0 king khale hooks tied and glued together with a 4 oz no roll on the main line.. The little bobber is just a shock absorber to protect the knot..
    :0a28:
    ~A

Attached Files:

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    It ought-a catch a BIGGEN Bro..:eek:oooh:

3. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    Give it a thorough testing. looks like they would interfere with each others hookset to me. Just mho.

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Look like one wicked setup. Let us know how the test goes. Look like it should catch fish though.

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    thats the best right there.

6. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Looks good to me, just check the state laws on the two hook one line thing!, I often use steel leaders that have two different length leader wires but one peice. I always use two different kinds of bait to see which one is getting the most bites... this is a great tactic to get the seasonal bait preference down in your area:wink:

7. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looks great for snagging the logs flathead like to swim under when they run also.

8. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    ...cause we all know,
    two heads are better than one!

Sorry, but someone had to say it!

9. Relocated-Yankee

Relocated-Yankee New Member

State:
    Goldsboro
    Man... that thing is U-G-L-Y, so its gotta catch some big ole Ugly (a face only a mother could love) flatheads. :smile2:

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    lack of sent trail wont be its downfall thats for sure.

11. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Very creative. I've been pondering using cut carp for bait this summer, and this is one approach I will try.

12. catback

catback New Member

State:
    virginia
    humm! well if he misses one maybe the other will get um. but i like the live carps better myself, live is still the most productive flathead bait though, i think being they are a prditory fish, just my thoughts . tight lines everyone!!!!

13. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Do you use carp heads often? I had one I wanted to use last year but never got to it.

14. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I like live carp better, but if I am catching them too big, then OFF with their heads!! I have caught several large flats on a carp head, even my AZ C&R state record was on a carp head...

** You can give em a stomp before you cast for a little bit more scent release.

~A

15. rhuffman

rhuffman New Member

State:
    pa
    Lookin at that is makin me want to change from circle hooks back to treble. Havn't used them in a few years.