My Fishing Travel "Wish List" for 2010 (LoL)

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by shania, Jan 9, 2010.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I Know -I Know ..... I Got a Little to much time on my hands.
    (Making all of these posts)
    LoL
    :laugh1:
    But I want all of my boys to know just how serious I am about my fishing season this year.
    :err:
    Now...With that being said, these are the places that I targeting the year:
    Colorado River Gathering (At lease Three trips :airplane:)
    The Clear Lake Derby
    Mendota Gatherings (you know that I got to hook-up with my boy's down there :cool::clown::eat:)
    Lake Isabella
    Ca. Houseboat Gathering & other trips there (My Home Waters)
    &
    ("God Willing") Many other places here in Ca.

So...As you guys can see, I'm planing on doing alot of fishing & having fun while doing so this year.

You Guys Take It Easy,
    Bert (Shania)

2. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    Bert,

Im right there with you. I NEED to fish more this year. i only got out 3 times last year. Not counting my 5 day mexico trip.

this year I dont think i will do much ocean fishing. going to work on the cats mostly. Look forward to seeing you in May!

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I agree with ya Bert, I need to get out more myself. We will get that Isabella trip planned when the crappie are biting good, should be around springtime. I will give you good warning for that!!!

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Travel wish list for me Bert aside from what I already do with the river and imperial valley is a little opposite of what others on here normally do. I am broadening my horizons and is going to focus on more saltwater. I live not too far from some great surf fishing and great saltwater fishing which I use to do a lot of before I took catfishing too seriously. I am always going to do my blue cat thing and flatheads even, but I am venturing back into the white sea bass, yellowtails, and local halibut fishing scene more. I was put on deck with some local anglers that always is doing the salt and getting some nice butts which is a heck of a fish aside from just freshwater fishing and it is local and close to me and I been missing it all but not for the 1 0. Also I been invited to do the S.F. Bay halibut by my boy Gator which I am looking into. Some say once you dedicate yourself to the salt that fresh water will never be the same but I will still tackle the blues and flatheads which is the catfish I target mainly.

Besides that aside from fishing is to always go back home to Ga and also to visit New York as it been a while for me seeing my peeps on the east coast. Plus I been invited to fish one of the best flathead waters in the country the Altamaha River in Ga so I am looking forward to that one for real this summer. Can not wait to film it too.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  5. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    How big do the local Halibut get? I really like eating Halibut!

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    They can get them up to the 50's here in my neck of the woods around Santa Monica bay area. I hear that they get into about the same in San Francisco Bay. We have a local halibut derby every year in April here that is the biggest Ca tournament period for 2 days. I been in it a few times and is looking to do it again this year. So many prizes and so much money is in it it is fantastic.

Halibut definitely is an awesome fish and good eating too. Reminds you of fishing for flatheads almost.

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Blue....a 50 lb is a very rare size for the Santa Monica Bay area.... maybe at the Channel Islands out of Oxnard... but normal butts are half the size indicated....

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "I feel ya on that B"!
    :glasses-cool:

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yeah its rare.There been some caught up to 50 pounds even though they may be rare.Its similar to how big catfish get here in so cal which is up to 100 plus even and those catches are extremely rare, but they do get up to 100 pounds. There been some in the surf caught lately that was in the 40's. A lot of times if you check out bloody decks or fnn surf reports you will see some. Normal catches though that are frequent can get in the 20s but people catch them bigger than that some lucky anglers.

North of L.A. up to upper 50's in the Oxnard or Santa Rosa island. For Santa Monica bay they been caught to 50 pounds. 40's too but the record is at 50 but this record may be a little old I have to check if it was broken which I doubt.

Here is some info on some Ca butts for some to know.

http://www.halibutderby.com/info.html

also some line catch records and this is not counting some that was caught in the size range that was with higher line class - its just line class records and some nice butts on them.

http://www.mdranglers.com/halibut.html

But beyond these Ca butts - one of my goals is to check out Alaska and get those 200 plus pounders. Now thats a trip right thereand I am going to make it happen one day. I already did the 10 day excel trip once. Now its time for the giant butts. :cowboy:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  10. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    That what I"ll talking about bro but you no what this year is all about sturgeon for me and brass fishing