My fishing season may be over

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Mar 24, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys I am so bummed out, I found out at work tonight I may have to work 12hrs a day, 7 days a week from may 1st till september 1st..I am glad I have a job, but to lose the whole spring fishing season really has me depressed.:sad:

2. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Thats a bummer Jack, hate to hear it. :sad:

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    welcome to my world , Jack!!!

4. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Jack that really stinks..is that legal to make people work those hours in a factory? :sad:

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dude i really feel bad for ya, but you gotta do what ya half to nowdays seeing how scarce good jobs are! seems like thats all manufacturing wants to do now is work folks 7 days a week/12 hr a day, and in a lot of cases swingshifts. i tured down two really good paying jobs when my company moved to mexico because of that. 12 hr/7 days, and the other was 12/7 and swingshift. you have no life at all that way, and they dont seem to give a s!!t. :mad:

6. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Man thats a bummer. Hopefully things will change and you can get in some fishing time.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Who cares. You stink anyways. :rolleyes:

Just kidding. I am really bumbed about this. I wouldnt feel right going to some of the spots, becasue really they are yours & not mine. Let's hope something changes & you come out okay.

Oh yea +Rep, becasue it might be the last you get for a while........ :crying:

8. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Man that's messed up !!!!! I hope it works out for ya and they don't do that to y'all. A guys gotta have some free time or ya will go postal :cursing:

9. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Jack,

There are these wonderful things called "mental health" days. Ya pick up the phone, call into work and say, "(cough) boss, (cough, cough) I can't make it in today (cough) cause I think I have the (cough, cough, cough) bird flu".

If you are real lucky, you get paid sick days and that makes those mental health days twice as nice... lol

Mike

10. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dang man that sucks, yea I thought there were laws against that many hours. 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, Im not a mathematician but thats 84 hours, that is twice what at lot of people work in a week. Im not sure on the laws but that really sucks. Sorry to hear that man. The paychecks outta be good though.....maybe more new stuff for next year?!? You gotta look at it on the bright side! LOL sorry man!

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Sorry to hear that Jack, hope things work out and you can go.:sad:

12. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    well im glad i waited before i put my vote in. so now i know i can put my money on the mellon. flathunter that realy bites, i realy feel for ya man. it just aint right.

13. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
  14. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Thats sucks! I hope your company catches up or what ever. Hang in there.
    Bill

15. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Jack, I feel for ya and will ask the fish gods to shine brightly on the days you do get to fish. My best friend works a machine shop here in Dayton and does 7 10hr days all the time, his advice, is most of that overtime goes to taxes and what little extra he makes, his wife spends because she is bored since he is never home. Its a vicious circle:crying:

Jack, check your PM's, Maybe , just maybe, me and Bryan can help .

Salmonid

16. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    One of my close friends is doing just that 12/7, I really don't think it is good. I told my bud, yep your making a lot of money, heavy equipment operater, but you can't spend it if your gone. I use to work long hours to support my family when my daughter was growing up and missed the most of it, really sucks. I worked as many hours at my main job then part time at another one. Good luck bro, hope it all works out. We are just, PAID SLAVES, to the rich, they could care less as long as they get more money, which they already have more than they can spend in their lifetimes. Of course it's important to the filthy rich to be able to say, I HAVE MORE MONEY THAN HE/SHE DOES.

17. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    If you get to over worked, you can call in and tell them your brother (me) needs your help reeling in the bigguns and can't do it without you and you can come on down Texas way and I'll take ya fishin bro. :thumbsup: :0a24: :0a23:

AL

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Lets see 12 hrs work plus 1/2 hr lunch... 1 hr to get ready for work.. 1 hr to get to work and home... total 14 1/2 hrs.. 4 hrs sleep.. ( you don't need more than that do you.. hehehe)... that still gives you 3 hrs or so to fish:crying: :p :mad:

19. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    yep been there done that one of the reasons i gave up running 48 states. that sucks flathunter but i think i would be calling in sick now and then.

20. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    man, that sucks so bad!!! well you know sleep is overrated! i read an article yesterday that said the less you sleep the longer you might live. that really does suck though. i have been on o.t. since november and it is finally slacking off just in time. but remember flathunter, we are here for you. if you ever need to talk......:) hahaha. i do feel for ya brother. hopefully it won't be as bad as predicted. i'll pray for ya.