My Fishing Hole

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Sentry Dog Man, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Hi Guys/Gals,

I have attached 3 pix of of my fishing hole since they have dropped the lake. Hopefully, you will be able to clearly see the rip rap, fallen trees and possibly the water line when the lake is full.

The side I fish from is basically a clay and sandstone bottom, with most of the structure being on the opposite bank. So, naturally, I cast towards the opposite bank. There is a small branch that feeds this cove. There is still some water here that will probably get down to about 15 ft deep or so within between 10 to 20 ft out from the rip rap bank, even with the lake being drawn down. So, with the lake full I have some depths that probably get down to 20 or 30 ft deep.

This little cove is probably, only, about 75 to 100 ft from the main body of the lake and is probably around 3/4 of a mile from the dam. The lake itself is very deep, since it is located in a mountainous region, with very steep drop offs along most of its shoreline.

Although, I have only pulled 2 catfish out of this hole, one 3 1/2 lb channel and a 17 inch flathead. I am still convinced that this hole will produce more and bigger fish, if I can ever get a pattern figured out. But, there is a major drawback to this hole. I cannot fish past 10 pm because this is in a Forestry Service picnic/ swimming area and they say you have to be out of there by 10 pm.

Anyway, comments and suggestions would be appreciated concerning my little fishing hole, as per the structure you (hopefully) can make out from these downsized pix and if you think it looks like it should be a good catfishing hole from either the pix or the brief description I have given concerning it.

Attached Files:

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Thats a nice spot, I am sure one of these times you will hook onto a monster.

3. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

That is a nice spot. Can you PM me and give me the dementions, and the cost of your PVC rod holder???

Ray

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    looks like some good fishing. that rock rip rap should produce fish.,

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I would bet that in the next few weeks you will catch some cats chasing baitfish up in that cove. What are the summer waters temps like there? The fish here seem to head shallow once the water temp drops back down into the uppers 70's. During the summber the main lake is in the 90's, so the fish stay near the deeper water.

I went out yesterday and caught 11 channels from the boat in the back of a creek on the main lake. I was catching them in water that was 2-7 feet deep. I drifted deeper parts of the lake with no luck. The backs of the creeks seem to be where the hits were.

6. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Looks and sounds like a prime place to chum on a regular basis. You could probably pull some fish from the lake by chumming regularly.