My fishing buddy got very sick Saturday

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Slatebar, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    My 4 year old great grandson wanted to fish Saturday. We went to the pond and he caught a few nice Bluegills (on gummy worms of all things). After getting back to the house he layed down for a while and got sick. We called his mom and met her in Chillicothe at Hospital (Athena?) The Doctor couldn't find the problem but gave him meds and sent him home. Sunday morning he got sick again and this time they took him to Childrens Hospital in CMH. Turns out he had a virus. They gave him meds and today thank God he is feeling much better. He called me a while ago and wants to go fishing. I promiced to pick him up later this week and make a special shopping trip to his choice of Fishermans Warehouse or Gander Mountain,and back to Gallipolis for a few days of hot fishing at the pond.

Attached Files:

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I'm so glad to hear that your grandson is doing better. :cool2: Hey, there isn't that much difference between a GUMMI work and a plastic worm, except the Gummi worms taste better to humans. ha ha.

I've caught gills on just about any kind of candy...starburst, skittles, gummi's....

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I hope he gets better real fast.. and gets bck after em:wink:

4. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Glad to hear your grandson is doing better. Im sure fishing will make him forget all about the bad experience :big_smile:. I have never heard of Fishermans Warehouse? Is it down around Gallipolis? I have family down around there and Vinton and Meigs Counties....if this is a good place I would like to check it out. :big_smile:

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Glad to hear grandson is getting better ,now grandpa better make sure u keep that promise to your grandson:wink:

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    John that little fellow be better in know time. Now you got to put him onto some nice fishing. Nothing better then getting all the youths involved in sport that will be here forever. Glad to hear he is doing well.

7. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Curtis, Fishermans Warehouse is located in Columbus on Williams Rd near Lockbourne Rd. Great tackle/bait shop with a very nice bow shop in back. I have to go to Columbus a lot ,so I do a lot of shopping up that way.

Jolly, yep, that promice will definantly be kept, He will make sure I remember:smile2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John were glad the grandson is ok. Thanks for sharing the pics. I enjoy the smile on his face. I think you have him hooked.

9. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hey bud, i live 1o or 15 mins away from fishermen warehouse,yes they do have a nice bo room in back,but if your out to buy some fishing stuff for your self or the great grandson, theres a place right up the road from fishermen warehouse, its call R & R bait shop,its got more fishing stuff ,all kinds of fish.its at 781 s. front street, its just a lil shy of down town (Columbus :angry: )614-443-4954 there lower and a bigger catfishing store:wink: its GOOD TO HEAR about your lil fishing buddy getting better

10. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    So glad your great grandson is doing better. I'm sure he can't wait to get back out and catch some fish.

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    glad hes alright.get him back out on the water and catch some bait lol

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    John i'm glad to hear your fishin' buddy is ok. way to go getting him out fishing. hope he catches a ton of fish.

13. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Glad to hear your little buddy is ok!! Best of luck to you two on your next trip!

14. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    God be with your grandson