My First Winter Blue catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by matt, Feb 15, 2006.

1. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    i cought my first winter blue cat 23 pounds today at 12:30 in the morning

and does any body know how much it will COST TO STUFF A FISH ?

I WOULD PUT A PIC UP PUT I DONT KNOW HOW?

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Don't know who does cat mount in SC. Which lake did you catch it in Hartwell?

3. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrats on your great winter catch

4. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    Hartwell lake caught it on a big thing of chicken liver

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the Blue...I know catfish are hard to mount, but you can get a replica done, but they are expensive.

6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It would cost you between $8.00 to $12.00 a inch and then a standard rate, I would guess a fish that size you might get away with $150.00 mount.

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good job on your catch. Its really cool catching your biggest catch. Winter time is prime time for nice blues.

8. John Rogers

John Rogers New Member

State:
    va
    Congrats on your catch!! Now you can think about this great day the rest of your life!!!!!!!!

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Good job, Matt :thumbsup: Maybe that's the secret to Hartwell cats - chicken liver!!!!

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats spot on information. There is a couple outfits out of Texas that will make replicas of your blues if you have some good photos and all the measurements. I had my 51 inch 95 pounder mounted by a taxidermist in Barnhart, Missouri. He charged me 800 bucks, and the replica came from Texas. He just had to do some finishing work and paint it. It turned out beautifull. He has the fish sitting half under a 7 foot piece of driftwood and its quite a spectacle. I can honestly say I have never regretted getting any of my deer or fish mounted. I enjoy them every day.

11. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    Jetdriver

i was just wondering do you have a pic of it for i can see what it will look like

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hello Matt. As a matter of fact, I do have a photo of the mount. I'd be happy to email it to you. I would just post it in this message, but it is telling me the photo is too large, and im not having any luck resizing it. If you could pm me with your email address, and I'll get it on its way. Congrats on the nice fish.

13. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC