Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught my first walleye earlier today by accident while fishing live bluegills for flatheads.

I wasn't to excited at first, but all in all I'm pretty happy to see one in person.

Weighed 3.3lbs and about 24-25" long

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Being from Texas, I had never had any experience with walleye until a few years ago when I caught one in New Mexico while fishing for stripers. Then, I went up to northern Minnesota to visit my girlfriend's brother and he took me out walleye fishing and we caught a bunch of 'em. I love eating fish and have lots of favorites, but walleye are way up there at the top of my list now. Excellent eating fish! Congrats on your first....you'll probably want some more after you taste that one!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congrats....walleye are what I now target after flathead and inbetween hunting....never bored now!
Do you catch your walleye in the river? time of year or technique make much difference? i live down stream on the MO and I hear we have a few in the deeply channeled mo river but I have no idear where to start. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

LDB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.