my first truck

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CatfishHateMe, Dec 6, 2007.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    Got my first truck about a month ago, just havnt really had time to post about it. 95 F-150, 302 5.0 V8. Only 2WD (wish it was 4W) but its ok. Im gunna start savin and get a 4WD in a couple years. Im gunna put duel exst on it and itll sound mean. I love this truck tho.

Attached Files:

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    some more pics to look at

Attached Files:

3. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Nice looking truck. Happy pulling.

4. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Congrats on the first truck. I bought one similar to that new in 1993. One of the best trucks I have ever owned. Sometimes wish I still had it. I built a show truck out of it and keep it for almost ten years, got eat up with stupid and sold in for next to nothing.:angry:

Anyways, good luck with your truck and thanks for sharing the pics with us. You will always remember it as your first truck. Kinda like a first girlfriend.:big_smile:

5. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Very nice truck. Congrats:big_smile:

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice truck "J"
    Now you can haul down to Merom or Farmers Ferry and run the "Bash" with the "Wabash River Mafia" this spring. Look forward to seeing ya. Enjoy the new truck. Later.

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    nice looking truck, Jay, but it is underpowered. with a stretch cab you need a 351w

8. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Congrats on your truck bro. It feels good to get a vehicle for the first time.

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    that truck looks to be in great shape! Thanks for sharing.
    Bill

10. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Hey Jay,

Thats a very nice truck. Take care of it and maybe it'll help you get that 4Wd you want one day.

Thanks for posting. :big_smile:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jay congrats on your first truck. It looks good. It appears, from the pics, that it has all new hoses under the hood. I have had a lot of good luck with ford trucks. Hope you enjoy this one.

12. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Nice truck Jay.My frist truck was a 62 ford with a 223 .I still have it.I hualed hay two years for it.I like your truck.

13. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats a good looking truck. I had a 95 F150 6cyl 5 speed 2 wheel drive before I got my F 250. It was an awsome truck. I paid 3025 for it 5-6 years ago on ebay. It had 72k on it , I drove it 4 years, beat the heck out of it until it had 150k miles and gave it to my boy. That truck had to be the best as not costing hardly anything to maintain. Ford made some good trucks in 95 with airconditioners that would double for cooling beer. Man that old Fords ac will flat freeze one out.

I think you will really like that truck. 302s are good motors too.If I wouldn't have wanted a another 3/4 ton 4x4, I'd still be driving that 95. My son changed the rearend gizzards. It had an open 2.43 gear stock. Now it has a pos 3.56 Ford racing gizzards in it. Boy that made that 6cyl a better truck. Now one can use all 5 speeds.

Thaat is the only thing that was wrong with mine was the rearend gear ratio, it was made more for flat highway driving with the gear it had. Now that truck will take on about anything. If you get mad at yours , for about 800, a repair shop can make it pos with a lower gear ratio.

Once again, congradultions on getting one good looking Ford. My poor old 95 had dents and scratches all over it from scrapping when I gave it to the boy.

My first truck was a 1957 Ford 1/2 ton 292 V8 Granny gear 4 speed. 2nd was a 1955 Ford 1 ton.

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Jay on your 1st truck!:cool2: Looks good bro! I hope it provides you with much pleasure! :big_smile:

15. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    thatd be great, well definately have to hook up sometime this spring. thanks for the invitation.

yeah, i would kill for one but a 302 v8 is ok with me. im not gunna be picky. lol and that motor has some power, it cant be underestimated:roll_eyes:

16. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    That truck is a heckuva lot nicer than my first, that's for sure. I hope you take good care of it. It oughta last you a good while if you take care of it. Congratulations.

I was excited when I got my first truck, I considered it transportation to a job other than the family farm. I saved for a year & a half to buy that junky pickup, and I think I appreciated mine more than most of my friends did theirs. There was a lot of work that went into me having that piece of junk, but I was proud of it. '79 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD with a 400 small block. It was all-time 4wd. I got 7 miles to the gallon in that old rascal. Never did get that thing stuck, and man did I go through some rough stuff!

17. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    nice lookin pick up j
    that xtended cab is nice to have . i never had one yet but would love to some day.
    302's are good motors
    good luck and dont show off in it and it will last you a good long time.
    congrats.

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice truck ,Jay. be sure and remember to do scheduled maintanance ;oil changes etc as reccomended, that is the life of a veh.

19. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am proud of you as a person and very happy for you.Never forget that you have the potential of a case of Dynamite riding shotgun.Many do forget.

When you get them.Please!Do not rev up and listen to those mufflers at my corner at all hours when you get them installed.I have enough doing so now.Also the boom boom Radios.I have a couple around that have radios that actually and acutely vibrate the rods and screws in my back and sting/hurts like the devil.I don't know if it is the loudness,the frequency or both.Weird but true!Thanks.

I envy you.Take care and respect the truck and it will do the same for you.I bought a drove the 300 CID six Fords until they quit offering them.They did their job and more for me.

I love you brother.I wish you the best.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

20. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    sweet and it has the eddie bauer pkg, nice congrats