My first trip to Cumberland City (Report)

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by my4x4awd, Mar 17, 2007.

1. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    Well I've been reading all about the trips at the steam plant so I had to give it a try. It is about an 1 1/2 hour trip for me, but I'm outside of Columbia and have to travel to fish anyway. I could use some tips of where to go when I return. If you all get another trip together, I'll do my best to make it. Always open to learning. I saw some guys fishing at the barge towers. Or whatever they call the moorings. They were catching a few cats but mostly stripers. I caught several small shad and one skipjack. I fished at the last tower on the right of the boat dock, since I wasn't sure of where to go. I caught two blues around 4lbs or so, that I gave away to a bank fisherman. I remember how it was b4 boat days. I Didnt have much luck with the skipjacks which was kinda disappointing. The water temp was 63-64 degrees across from the discharge. Up river (north) 49-52 degrees. I saw a commercial "fish removal person" loading his rig into the river when I left. He had a boat load of gill nets that he will string across the river tonight. Maybe we can keep the 34inch rule. Well there is my report for today.

And by the way, I hope that wasn't any of you guys taking off up river with no life jacket.....cold water....you go over.........you drown!!!!!!!!!

Craig

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ya I have seen them droppin a lot of nets lately myself, I am getting pretty sick of seeing that While I am sitting there and not being able to catch crap. If it doesn't change soon I think I am going to start fishing the ohio or the miss.

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    if your going to start fishing the ohio river your going to get into the same thing on there was out fishing this week end an in about 10 miles of river there were three gill nets there all over the place here

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well thats good to know, I don't know if I like this crap in the south, up north we never had any of this, fish are very abundant and every speices is respected.

5. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    thanks for the steam plant update.
    I'm headed there in the morning I'll post how everything is running tomorrow evening

6. xmannt

xmannt New Member

State:
    TN
    New to the BOC and only been really seriously fishing for about 3 years, always told you got to start somewhere. Thanks for the heads up.