My first time catfishing at Milford

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bassmanatcs, Aug 24, 2009.

1. bassmanatcs

bassmanatcs New Member

State:
    Junction City, Kansas
    Well I just got back from a short fishing trip at Milford today. First, I netted some shad around the boat dock. It didn't take to long get more than enough bait. I even netted a 15" Walleye! :wink: Thanks for the netting advice Jay and Jim! Then, I preceeded to drift the middle of lake in about 45 feet of water for about 30 minutes. No Luck. :confused2: I then moved up into about 15-20 feet of water next to a rocky bank. Fish on! :big_smile: The first one was about a 10 pounder. Within the next hour and a half I had boated 3 more, all between 5-10 pounds. Called it quits because it was getting dark. But all and all not a bad first time catfishing.

Thanks to the BOC for all the information put out on this site and to all the locals how steered me in the right direction. Put me on fish the first time out! :cool2:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Well done Matt. Great lake with some great people fishin on it.:wink:

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice way to start out, congratulations.

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Congrats Matt. That is a nice haul for your first time out there. I don't even want say how long I fished it before I caught a 10 pound cat. :embarassed:

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Way to go Matt...Nice fish for sure......

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome aboard to the BOC Matt. Glad you had a awesome night fishing! Thanks for the posting.

7. Dead Red Rick

Dead Red Rick New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good job Matt and welcome aboard

8. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Congrats Matt you got the advise from the right two fellas when it comes to fishin Milford.

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Lake is on it's way down again, tonight shows only 158 coming in at Clay Center, 1000+ going out the dam, lake level tonight is 1145.46.

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I was at the spillway Sunday spending some time with my girlfriend and they were letting a lot of water out for Milford. I wanted to throw my net, but there was always someone fishing against the wall.

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    How come you didn't bring her over to see my kegerator:confused2::angry::smile2:

12. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Because she is susceptible to seduction, so I keep her away from you :smile2:

13. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Damn, I need to keep some of my stuff classified.:smile2: