My first spoonbill - 51 pound Spoonbill

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by fishinphenom, Apr 5, 2009.

1. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I caught my first spoonbills on 3/25 and 3/26 at Connors bridge on the Neosho river...

The first one I caught weighed out to 51 lbs.. as I snagged this one it also knocked my glasses into the water... so I basically had to strip down and find them... although the water may feel warm to the touch.. it was alot COLDER being down in the water !!

here are some pics..

the next day out I caught another spoon that wieghed out to 47 lbs..
    I couldnt figure out how to post all the pics in the same thread.. but here is the link...

the 51lb is in the pictures on this thread..

thanks for looking

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1105&pictureid=9380

Attached Files:

2. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Excellent catch...verry nice fish

3. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Kenny; congratulations brother. Sure wish I could of been there to see you hook up. Always fun to see some one hook into there first spoon. Way to go.

4. Fish Dog

Fish Dog New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congratulations on your first that is a great one to start with.I caught my first one a couple weeks ago.

5. wedge17.6

wedge17.6 New Member

State:
    copan ok
    Can anyone tell me how too get to conners bridge? I am thinking abot going overthere on wed. 4/8 too try for a spoonbill which I have never fished for! Or would I do better to take a boat and just go up the river looking for them on the locator???? Is the water still up overthere?? any ideas or suggestions???
    thanks in advance for all comments
    lwest

6. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice Fish! Way to Go! 51 lbs is very nice for a first fish or any fish.

7. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    As far as Conners bridge, go the #10 and #137 Junction east of Miami. When your heading south towards Twin Bridges, when the road breaks to the east or left when you going to Twin bridges, just take a right and head as fars as you can go. Maybe 3 miles or so. You'll run into the bridge. You'll see a sign that says "Bridge Out".

8. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Kenny! Congratulation on your first spoonbill! That's a good one, I only seen mostly were between 20 to 36 pounds and very few over 40 lbs at Conner Bridge last weekend..

My fiance caught her first spoonbills 24 lbs and 26 lbs and also my friend caught his first spoonbills 43 lbs and 25 lbs last weekend! And I caught 25 and 28 lbs.. We had a great time!

117_0691.jpg
    117_0729.jpg
    117_0696.jpg

9. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Congratulations on your catch.........

10. NRA_Guns_Winner

NRA_Guns_Winner New Member

State:
    kansas/Oklahoma
    Very nice, it quite a bit of work! I'm heading out tomorrow for a weekend of it. I think I'm heading to Maimi OK.

11. catman1982

catman1982 Member

State:
    from MO in KS
    congrats thats a great first spoony