My first ohio gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, May 20, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was able to attend my first ever gathering yesterday at Dillon lake for the " Ohio May Mayhem ". I was only able to attend for about three hours, but have to say it was an enjoyable trip for me. Those of you that didn't go really are missing out. I have been debating for weeks myself whether to attend or not. My wife wasn't too thrilled either, about me going and meeting up with people from the net that we have never met. She really missed a good time as well. I was really impressed with the hospitality shown by everyone there. They all met me at the road and greeted me when i arrived. I have to say that i met some really good people. Some of the stories being told, well....i have to say, you would have known that we were a bunch of fishermen:lol: esp. the one's from jack lol. The food was plentyful and great. Over all, it was an excellent trip and the first of many for me now. So anyone that didn't attend really consider it next time. I promise you won't be disappointed. And thanks, to every brother there that made my first gathering a fun one....catfishrollo

2. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    rollo, you going down today?

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    unfortunately, no. i have other obligations for the boss:sad2:

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jason it was great meeting you, cant wait till the next one I just hope there is no cold front for that one :big_smile:. I went down the Dam and like usual I didnt catch anything LOL. My boys and nieces had a good time catching gills. Shawn I used shad (well some of it) heads/mid section and got one good bite off it and that wasnt until about 10 pm. Jared and I stayed till about 10:30 using Shad heads, shrimp, hot dogs, was only getting some bites off the shrimp but I think that was gills cause they were little taps. Cant wait till the next one.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Do you attract cold fronts??? :roll_eyes::big_smile::lol: Wish I could have made it to this one!

6. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Jason and agry it was good seeing you guys at the gathering and hope to do it again soon it was a real good time .My son and sI stayed out on the lake till a little after 11pm we landed 4 fish with Kelly catching a monster 12 lb 14 oz channel on cut shad.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jason, it was a pleasure having you there and your friend Thom too. Get that boy to join up! Thank you for starting to recruit for next year, with more members like you spreading the word of good times and good people, maybe we can out do the next National in a few years. Theres just one thing though, please no more stories about naked fishermen in boats, at least not just before chow. lmao :eek:oooh::smile2::lol:

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Glad you made it out rollo. Did you guys do avy good sat night?

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we decided to bank fish sat. night. not with alot of luck, but we did manage 5 decent fish. 4 flats and one channel. we lost 2 to snags, and had prob. 12-15 runs. biggest went around 10, the rest 5-7 pounds. once again i had a nice run on a largemouth, didn't stay with it.:angry: thanks again everyone for a good time, and tony for the help getting shad. catch ya all later..rollo:big_smile:

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    John that was just the easiest part of it. With my 2 boys and 2 nieces Wife and Father in Law that know next to nothing about fishing, I had to retie, bait just about everything LOL. Plus where I was fishing Ive never caught anything but gills so it was a good spot for the kids just not good place for me. I would think that with all the gills there that there would be some bigguns but Ive never seen anything pulled in from there.

11. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    glad to meet you too Jason,looking forward to fishing with you soon

12. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Wish I could have made it. I would love for someone to show me the hotspots on dillon, and where the channel is to get up into the Licking...
    Maybe next time.......

Im glad it was a good turn out for ya all

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you missed a good time, but there is always another. :smile2: get a hold of me. we can meet up and do alittle fishin.

14. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    will do............

15. dylan543

dylan543 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey ryang where is blacklick ohio i am in putnam county we go fishing at the auglaize,maumee,and dupont river.:lol:

16. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Blacklick is a suburb of Columbus between Columbus, Reynoldsburg and New Albany.

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    What he said :big_smile: